PDA

View Full Version : So Scared !!

LittleMissPanicky
15-05-11, 16:29
Well i'm due to go for my smear test tomorrow due to some spotting after intercourse, it only happened once, just a small spot but enough to kick my ha into overdrive. I have also had a pelvic scan which just showed a couple of small cysts on my left ovary, which is hormonal. I am 41, unfortunately smoke and have now convinced myself i have Cervical cancer and i am dreading the test even though they are up to date and have always been clear, i am not actually due one till next feb. The next 2 weeks are going to be a complete nightmare. Any words of comfort appreciated xxxx

snowgoose
15-05-11, 16:42
hello :)

so can understand you worrying .....but honestly you have nothing to fear .
I am 57 and had similar things happen .......nothing honest to fret about .
it happens to us ladies sometimes ......time of month......perhaps a little erosion on cervix which is very very common ......a wee bit trauma ............honestly dont you worry !!
spotting is very very common .. and has so may more reasons for it than the big C .
You will be fine :hugs:

LittleMissPanicky
16-05-11, 18:24
Thank-you Snowgoose x
Been and had smear this morning so just the wait for the results now xxx

Lanesra
18-05-11, 06:08
Not to mention you're out of the age range for when it is most common in women. Also I could be wrong here but when I've looked up the causes I don't remember smoking being on the list, thought it was to do with the HPV virus but not 100% sure about that. Good luck and think of all the other things you've fretted about in the past and what they've actually turned out to be :-)

shoegal
18-05-11, 06:29
Well done for going ahead with your smear test. Try not to think about it too much before you get the results (I know that's easier said than done). I'm sure everything will be fine and, as others have said, there are lots of reasons why you might get a bit of spotting. We all get it sometimes. :flowers: