PDA

View Full Version : Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist in the House

Dolphin
15-05-11, 21:18
Hello

I work as a Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist. Just dropping by to see if I can help in some way.

Take care
:):shrug:

hanna090
15-05-11, 22:58
Hi :)

Please read my post as I would love some advice.
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=94860

ElectricAlice
14-06-11, 17:27
Would you reccomend CBT for health anxiety after loosing my mum? Thanks for dropping in, thats so nice of you

Richiebrum
14-06-11, 17:50
Hi Alice,

I think Dolphin has got caught up in an illegal fishing net (his post was 2 weeks ago)

Sorry to hear about your mum, hope you're o.k. :hugs:

I'm starting CBT next week so can't really recomend it or not but i'm sure someone on here will ahve some advice.

Take Care.

Lion King
14-06-11, 17:57
CBT helped me big time, mine was for social & general anxiety! I am sure CBT will adapt to your issues.

All the best

LK

playman44
14-06-11, 18:37
hi when i first started suffering from anxiety some 5 years ago,i went to see a councellor and was diagnosed with gad and elements of ptsd ,i was asked if i wanted to see someone about cbt and when i went the lady said that i was not ready for it ,just wondered if you could let me no why,just curious thats all thanks

rosa_j_t
25-11-11, 10:40
I'm not a therapist so this may be completely barking up the wrong tree, it's just an idea.

From what I understand, CBT is very much focused on what's going on right here and now, how we react to things etc. You said you had some elements of PTSD, so could it be that whatever was at the root of that needed to be dealt with by another form of psychotherapy that's more focused on past events?

I remember when I had my first dose of low-intensity CBT, we spent a lot of time going over some difficult experiences in my past, and although my therapist was lovely about it, I did get the impression that going over those things (though very needed), took time away from tackling how I react to things now.

Having said that, I don't think that should put you off getting CBT. I've found it very effective in tackling unhelpful thoughts and emotions, and (once I get some high-intensity CBT) behaviours (we didn't have time to get to tackling avoidance behaviour during my first round of CBT, I think partly because I kept bursting into tears whenever a painful memory was raised). It is, in my mind, only a time issue. Presumably people trained to do CBT are also trained to a certain degree as counsellors. But I may be wrong.

SMD Counselling
30-04-13, 20:48
Hello room :)

keepchinup
19-05-13, 09:30
youre all very kind here. im new. and got an acute psychotic episode...am just anxious all the time that it will happen again. do u think CBT might help?:bighug1: