PDA

View Full Version : what is this???

JAYQ
15-05-11, 21:27
Hello everyone, I'm back unfortunately and been trying to stay away when I get a symptom but this one really scares me and hoping someone can tell me Wht it is.

Anyway last night out of the blue it felt like my heart stopped or something and was making me gasp real quick for air when I got that feeling, sending an an anxiety rush thru my body. I had them a few more times last night and just laid down to sleep it off while doing breathing exercises.

Today I've had quite a few more like I can feel a quick nervousness emotion in my chest like its fixing to happen making me take a quick breath in like I'm about to lose my breath and my heart is gonna stop. This is so scary to me. I exercise regularly and have had multiple ekgs in the past all coming back fine. I'm a 30 year old male and in shape. Just scares me everytime tht feeling comes about. Does anyone else get this???

nomorepanic
15-05-11, 21:50
Do you mean like ectopic beats or palpitations...

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/palpitations/

looking4answers
16-05-11, 01:42
Yes I get this alot,seems like usually right before bedtime. I thinks its caused by gas pushing on the vagus nerve but this is just my thoughts but to answer your question,yes I get this.

shoegal
16-05-11, 02:37
I had the same thing last night and it set my panic off a treat. I was drinking a cup of tea and had just come up the stairs when my heart suddenly raced. I suppose it could have been caused by the exertion of walking up the stairs a bit fast but then it seemed to race and then slow down and then race again and I got those familiar wooshes of anxiety when it happened. I paced about for a bit and did my breathing and eventually I calmed down. I think we anxiety sufferers are just overly-aware of what's going on in our bodies.

anthrokid
21-05-11, 15:35
I get this a fair bit as well. Like shoegal said, anxiety sufferers are very aware of every little thing our body does, so while an average person would ignore this feeling and go 'oh, that was strange' we tend to feel it more and then worry about it, which makes us focus on the sensation and can actually lead to it occuring again, believe it or not! Try just doing some deep and slow breathing when it happens.