PDA

View Full Version : Weird heart sound every fifth beat.

looking4answers
16-05-11, 02:59
I have had this off and on for the last six years,once I went to the doctor and she said I had a murmer,then I went back to her when I didnt hear this with my heart and she said no mumur.Now im starting to hear it again.

As best as I can describe it is my heart beats four beats sounding normal but on the fifth beat sounds like a luh luh dub instead of the normal luh dub.

My heart rate is usually consistant about 72 to 76 most of the time and at night goes down to about 65 . My ears get stopped up and I can hear it and how it beats, that is why I know it makes this sound. For the life of me I dont know why it sounds like this and I really dont have any symptoms of heart problems but this does worry me.Anyone know anything about heart sounds?

I have heard this sound off and on for six years and when exercising my hear goes to about 118 bpm ...overall I think my heart is ok,but the sound really bothers me.Help please?

It almost sounds like a gallop on the fifth beat.

Kelley
16-05-11, 03:29
Sounds like Eptopic beats to me. So from what you're describing, it isn't actually making a sound....you're just 'listening' to the pattern of your heart beat.
Try feeling your pulse to see if at the time you are 'hearing' it, if your pulse actually pauses before a heavier beat....

Kel :)

looking4answers
16-05-11, 04:00
No I have had skipped heart beats all my life and no this is just a sound.When it makes this sound the beat is regular and almost always normal around 72 . My wife listens and she cant hear it ,and says my hert sounds pefectly normal and strong. I had an ekg and it was perfect before but this is more recent.I have asked several doctors about skipped beats and they said nothing to worry about.I even told them that I had several times experienced runs of three beats then skip and three beats and skips and they said nothing,also have experience almost like my heart stopped.This all seems to come around gas etc...so I havent really wlrried about it but this really worries me sometime. Usually when my ears are stopped up and other times I dont even think of it.

looking4answers
16-05-11, 21:15
Anyone else have any ideas about this issue? Please?