PDA

View Full Version : tackled the booze now the cigs to go!!!

bexy1970
16-05-11, 09:43
hi everyone,

well everyone who read my last post will know i managed to actually go without a drink at night which i havnt done for years,ne way ive been smoking again stupidly after being quit for 3 years:weep:!and have decided how stupid ive been,so put patch on and going to go for it again!!! would really appreciate if i could keep posts on here regarding my drinking and smoking as im so determined and other people dont really understand how important it is as i have a cancer phobia xxx

Elen
16-05-11, 10:51
Well done Bexy

I too have stopped alcohol and the fags are the next to go.

Have GP appointment in 2 weeks time so hope to start then

Keep up the good work.

h

Hazel B
16-05-11, 11:38
Well done!

I don't drink much but I did stop smoking ayear ago and have never regretted it. It's the best thing I've done for myself and health in ages!

:)

nomorepanic
16-05-11, 11:43
Why don't you sign up with the NHS give up smoking programme, You get counselling and free patches (or whatever you want to use) as well

racdun
16-05-11, 12:25
I found www.quitnet.com (http://www.quitnet.com) really helpful when I was getting off the cigs. The little bit of extra support really helped. Its a free site and you make friends with others going through the same thing.
Rachael

tamo
16-05-11, 13:05
HI Bexy
well done with the booze and fags . I stopped drinking for 2 years 2007 - 2009 following bad panic episodes but only managed to get off the fags for 3 weeks max a dozen times so I know how hard it is .

Good luck

bexy1970
16-05-11, 16:52
thans everone xx

LittleMissPanicky
16-05-11, 21:34
Well done Bexy! I gave up smoking for nearly 2 months earlier this year and like you i started again when my HA reared it's extremely ugly head and now smoking more than ever ! I really want to quit again. Once again WELL DONE ! xxx

Spidergirl
16-05-11, 21:47
really good Becky :)

bexy1970
17-05-11, 09:30
thanks every one,ive had a couple but i will get there again!!! me and the kids were up at half 6 and went for a run with the dogs!!!found it ace,usually lie in bed for ages worrying bout things but no anx this morn!!! lol,..x

Elen
17-05-11, 09:52
Well done Bexy,

Keep us updated, you are doing great.

Elen