PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

ivegone!
16-05-11, 19:15
Hi
Im Angela Im 28 married to andy and have two wonderful children jordan 6 and ethan 10months.
Ive suffered with anxiety and panic disorder for 11 years.
When it first started they blamed depression for it and treat me for that and saw a cpn who wasnt much help. i suffered really bad for 18 months and then I came off medication and was much better.
Ive had isolated panic attacks and bouts of anxiety / panic attacks in varying dgrees for varying lengths of time for 11 years.
Im currently having the worse episode I have ever had in my life. I am anxious 24/7 but thankfully over these last 2 weeks while its been bad i have overcome the fear of something bad happening to me but im so frightened of the fear its not really helping.
I cant function as a human, using the toilet, making a cuppa etc is a frightening task i feel like such a bad mum and wife right now.
My husband has just left for work for a nightshift and i will be on my own now till 8.30 am which is 13 and half long hours im scared enough when i have someone with me and i am so scared of being alone.
I have various coping mechanisms and it helps but just want to feel normal again.
Angela

nomorepanic
16-05-11, 19:20
Hi ivegone!

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Chezzie
16-05-11, 20:08
Bless you Angela
Im new too but if you need to chat i will be around.

Jo xx

tee123
17-05-11, 16:29
Hi Angela, Lots of us newbies on here it seems. Really feel for you. Panic attacks are awful and being alone through them is very scary. wishing you all the best and keep posting. tx :)

Cormac01
17-05-11, 17:18
Hi,

Gosh i hope things improve for you. I can relate partly to what your saying, a few weeks ago i was having panic attacks/anxiety when i was left alone with my son. If my wife went away on 'girls' weekend i had thoughts of me not coping and having an attack. It was awful, i felt like a crap dad but forced myself out to the park and did stuff with my son, even though i was having major palps and lightheadness. I had thoughts of what would happen to my 2 year old if i passed out or if i had a full blown panic attack. Like someone would snatch him and he'd be taken or he would be at home with me collapsed be side him. It was stupid thoughts, really silly ones, now i look back. I think it actually caused more anxiety. I did get through it and still often feel a little anxious if my wife is away. What i can say though is that i am fighting it and know i can overcome this. Little by little it can be overcome. The last few weeks have shown me this.
Best of luck, just remember this wont last forever.

Vanilla Sky
17-05-11, 21:08
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

paula lynne
17-05-11, 21:37
Hi Angela, welcome to the forum. We are a mixed bag here but you will find help and support like we all have, youre not alone ok. Nice to have you with us!
Best wishes, Paula x:welcome:

suzy-sue
17-05-11, 22:44
Hi Angela and :welcome:to NMP . luv Sue x

gaaron
17-05-11, 23:40
Hi Angela, you'll find loads of support on this site..I certainly have
:welcome::flowers:x