PDA

View Full Version : Heart doesn't slow. Fast heart.

MidnightCalm
16-05-11, 22:10
When I exercise my heart will stay beating so fast and hard for hours afterwards.
When I get a shock or somebody makes me jump my heart just does not calm down for a very long time!
I went for a run 30 mins ago and my heart started beating SO fast when I stopped and now it's still going really fast!
:S

MidnightCalm
16-05-11, 23:14
I'll also add that I smoke quite a bit and drink, also I eat nothing but crap aha.

eight days a week
16-05-11, 23:39
I'll also add that I smoke quite a bit and drink, also I eat nothing but crap aha.

Well, that probably explains it! (I do the same so am nobody to judge!!)

All the same, for your own peace of mind, I'd see my GP and explain my concerns. That's what I did, and got it all checked out. They diagnosed my heart ran a bit fast - nothing dangerous at all though - so now I take a beta-blocker just to slow it down a bit (again, because I can't emphasise this enough, it wasn't dangerous at all!)

The beta-blocker means I don't notice as much, and don't worry about it anymore :)

MidnightCalm
17-05-11, 14:54
They gave me beta blockers but for my anxiety but I found they helped my heart too and my bp but after I ran out I never went back and got more 'cos after that was when my anxiety took a turn for the worst and I've not felt up to going out really.