PDA

View Full Version : Cloudy Urine - Strange white sludge

karlwirral
17-05-11, 01:23
Hi Guys

Might be abit to much information here but recentley i have noticed my urine seems to have a white cloudy substance in it.

I decided to pee in a empty bottle to investigate and after about 10 minutes a strange white layer had appeard on the bottom kind of like a sludge or power.

I have been having some discomfort in my abdomen for a couple of days
so am thinking this could be a simple water infection maybe

If it helps and you really want to then i can upload a picture of the bottom of the bottle showing the white layer.

Anyone had this before??

shoegal
17-05-11, 08:19
I can't say I've had exactly that but I have urinated in a bottle for the Dr and I have noticed that it sometimes appears cloudy and sometimes has small bits floating it it (nice, lol). I have never had a urine infection so it's possible to have cloudy urine without there being anything wrong. If you have abdominal pain, mention it to your GP and they will decide whether or not you need a urine test based on your symptoms. If it is a urine infection it can be easily treated by your Dr. Good luck. :flowers:

Hazel B
17-05-11, 15:16
A urine infection makes your urine more cloudy, whiffy and reddish if there's visible blood present, you can also get white cells. The symptoms are frequent urinaiton, burning when you pee, lower abdomen pain and a temperature if it's gone on a while and is spreading to your kidneys. You don't mention burning or frequency, but the only way to know for sure is to make an appt with your GP/qualified nurse. Take a sample as they can dip test it there and then.

xtremx
17-05-11, 21:29
Hi karl.

Could be a number of thing, 1 of them could simply be semen (don't tell anyone on this site but get that alot).

Have a look at this webpage i found it useful
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/455919/when_you_need_to_worry_about_cloudy.html?cat=70

Try the vinegar test

All the best

xtremx
22-08-11, 17:33
Hi Guys

Might be abit to much information here but recentley i have noticed my urine seems to have a white cloudy substance in it.

I decided to pee in a empty bottle to investigate and after about 10 minutes a strange white layer had appeard on the bottom kind of like a sludge or power.

I have been having some discomfort in my abdomen for a couple of days
so am thinking this could be a simple water infection maybe

If it helps and you really want to then i can upload a picture of the bottom of the bottle showing the white layer.

Anyone had this before??

Hi did you ever find out what was wrong mate

karlwirral
22-08-11, 22:46
Simple water infection i was told. 3 day course of antibiotics seemed to have stopped it