PDA

View Full Version : Bowel worry

matthew
17-05-11, 08:44
Hello,

I am a 28 year old male who keeps fit and over the past 2 weeks I have noticed some mild / dull pains in my bowels and rectum and when I went for a number 2 on Friday I noticed mucus in my poo.

this has got me a bit worried as I don't think it is normal to experience pains in the rectum and mucus in poo. I haven't changed my diet and it isn't because I need to visit the loo. It just comes and goes periodically throughout the day.

Anyway it has made me worry and I wondered if anyone knows what it is?

If it is still there on Friday I am going to visit the doctor.

Thanks for replies in advance

Matt

blueangel
17-05-11, 09:15
Hi Matt

If you have a look through the "IBS" section of this bit of the forum, you'll find that quite a few other people report getting mucus when they go to the loo - it's quite common. To put your mind at rest though, go and have a chat with GP about it.

Horse
17-05-11, 09:56
Mathew.

As well as the typical IBS, have you any reason to suspect that this could be due to a Coccyx injury?

I only say this because that is what I experienced some years back which produced similar symptoms to yours (except the mucus in the stools).

Basically, the Coccyx can curve slightly (if injured in any way) and cause pressure on the muscles in that area (normally between the anus and testicles) causing a mild but annoying ache. This can in turn give discomfort when needing a bowel movement and still remains so afterwards. It can be particularly inconvenient and troublesome to keen cyclists with regards the saddle etc.

However, this does not (to the best of my knowledge) produce any abdominal discomfort, so I would presume that this might be more IBS related, but as blueangle suggests, a trip to the Docs may be required should this persist.

Horse.