PDA

View Full Version : Wake up vibrating!

lelespears
17-05-11, 08:45
This morning I woke at 4 am mist of fell back to sleep and woke again at 7am when I woke up I felt like I was totally vibrating!! Is this stress related? I'm stressed at the mo over tummy troubles. It was so bizzare.

Lele x

anthrokid
18-05-11, 10:12
This has happened to me a few times. I would attribute it to stress :) Nothing bad ever happened to me from it, it was just a scary sensation!

haz
18-05-11, 21:50
I get that a lot too! I call it "internal trembling" but "vibrating" actually describes it better.

It's horrible. You have my sympathy. :flowers:

ben_jamzin
24-05-11, 18:10
I have just seen this post and am glad that somebody else has at least felt this! A very similar experience happened to me a few days ago in the early morning where as I was settling into sleep a very strong vibration came from my chest and woke me up gasping instantly, naturally I shat myself, having looked into this as far as I could it would appear to be most common amongst people who suffer from anxiety in some way or form. Haven't had it since perhaps nothing to worry about.

Meewah
24-05-11, 19:16
Me too.

Mine was the shakes like I could not get warm yet I was. I was told it was excess adrenalin in my body and that it makes your muscles shake to rid itself.

Not pleasant.

Mee

lindajane1971
24-05-11, 19:51
hi
ive posted about this heaps of times, ive had it since the beginning of the year. Doctor said it was anxiety and gave me pills - which im too scared to take - so have been putting up with it :(
i have it almost 24/7, i must say it is slowly getting weaker, i cant wait to wake up one morning and not feel it.

SamanthaAU
25-05-11, 13:16
I went through a stage where I would startle awake with that feeling - not the nicest is it xxx

debs71
25-05-11, 13:54
Hi..yep, me too. I have had these on and off for years. Like an internal motor running/buzzing or a sort of internal tremor.

It is a WEIRD feeling and not nice at all, but it does go off when your anxiety lessens a bit. :)xxxx

miss_moose
25-05-11, 16:54
I thought I was going mad, it ahppended to me a few times last week!:ohmy: At first I thought it was my phone vibrating but then realised it was on my bedside table and not on the matress.
I swore it wasn't a dream but couldnt explain it.
Feel so much better about it now:)

xfilme
27-05-11, 11:09
I had internal trembling for 6 months. then one day it just disappeared.

Sydney100
18-03-13, 21:44
I'm having these when waking up in the morning. Been to dr who seemed totally unconcerned and said it sound very much like an anxiety symptom. Not nice tho.....

Poopsi
19-03-13, 00:33
OMG!! I've had this for two months!! I wake up in the middle of the night with it and in the morning when I wake up. It is slowly getting less intense. My therapist said that I must be having stressful dreams. I hope it goes away soon!!

sparkle_1979
19-03-13, 13:50
I've had this for three years and always when anxious