PDA

View Full Version : Alone

StevenT
17-05-11, 11:25
Hi

I keep reading posts and everyone seems to be married or with a lovely person.

Is there only me so ****ed they cant manage to get or stay in a relationship?

I have no one.

tc

steven

Spidergirl
17-05-11, 11:31
Well if its any consolation, I cant keep a relationship. Its hard when no one understands you. I have no one either not even family, i'm use to it now

nhf
17-05-11, 11:36
You're not alone, I am single and live on my own, I have my friends around me but my family all live 150 miles away :weep:

shoegal
17-05-11, 11:49
You're not the only one. My relationships always seem to fail and I live alone. I have recently met a lovely man and we plan to be together properly one day... so there is hope for everyone. :)

Elen
17-05-11, 11:54
Steven

You are far from being alone so don't give up.

Elen

xhyperyogix
17-05-11, 15:38
Ops, I'm single too....

Steven, hang in there..

Nats

Magic
17-05-11, 18:21
Don't give up Stephen,Love is on i'ts way:hugs:

evil monkey
17-05-11, 20:41
..definitely not (it's the root of mine)

mandie
19-05-11, 12:31
Nope your def not alone, im single also

mandie x

On The Outside
27-05-11, 22:01
I know how you feel. Almost every post I read people mention their partner and it makes me feel even more alone and empty inside. I'm in my thirties and have been really unsuccessful when it's come to finding love, so much so I don't think I can carry on much longer. I can't even start a relationship, let alone keep one and the few times I thought I had found someone, it all went horribly wrong, none more so than earlier this year. I'm currently obsessing about this as nothing in my life has hurt me so much and don't know what to do next or how I go about finding anyone.

I might just ask to leave the site as it's not helping me and I feel more alienated. There's hardly a site I'm still on as I struggle so much to make friends.

macc noodle
27-05-11, 22:05
You know you can be really alone and lonely within a relationship - just because you are married or "with someone" does not mean that you are happy or that you have a partner who supports you with your struggles.

It can be as lonely living within a partnership as being single.

Chin up!

xx

Paul30
29-05-11, 10:55
Hi mate.

I'm 32 and I've been single for ages. I don't go out enought to meet people, and even when someone has shown an interest I've been to anxious to strike up a conversation. I figure I'l probably meet someone when I least expect it. Anyway, as you can see you're defintely not the only one who's on there Jack Jones so, as someone has already said, chin up!:)

On The Outside
30-05-11, 22:43
"Chin up", they say. This is one of the reasons why I feel so alienated on here and am thinking of leaving. This year has been the most depressing I've ever lived through. In the space of six months, I've twice believed I had found someone who I could have a loving relationship with and both times been left sad, bitter and, the second time, heartbroken. If anyone is remotely interested to see how the first rejection left me feeling, please read my post "when life doesn't seem worth living".

On the back of that post and a few earlier posts I had someone on here (who soon after left the site) write to me who I unexpectedly became good friends with, even met up with and thought we could support each other (initially believing she was much worse off than me). I was nothing but kind, caring, supportive and generous to her but she threw all this back in my face and now says she is with someone else and asked me to leave her alone (despiet me doing nothing wrong), something I will write about in another thread.

For the last nine weeks I've been struggling mentally and emotionally, hating every day I have to live through and, if I thought there was a painless, instant way of ending my life I would do it. But, even then, I have my family to think about. Even if I have only one real friend who would miss me, I know they would be devastated so I have to go on for them.

But, for me, it's not a case of keeping my chin up. I feel lonelier than ever, extremely depressed and despairing, worthless inside and that I've just been used by someone I once loved to help her get through a difficult time and now she has no feelings for me and probably isn't thinking about me at all. Whereas I can't forget about her and desperately want to move on with my life and make new friends. But I'm in catch 22 situation. Nobody would want to be bothered with someone like me who is so damaged inside. But I don't know how to get better from this.

I do know that a relationship isn't the answer to getting better and accept that you can still be lonely with someone. But, at the moment, that seems infinitely better than my current miserable existence where everything I touch seems to go wrong for me.