PDA

View Full Version : Woke up with intense tingling whole body

countrygirl
17-05-11, 11:40
I have posted for past year about episodes of not being able to sleep because of sudden sensation of dropping sometimes with electric shock through body feeling. I have been tested for adrenal tumour and had brain and neck mri nothing new on either of these scans. I am also due to have a sleep study done in three weeks at Liverpool hospital. My Drs vary between wondering if its all anxiety or is it the trapped nerve in my neck ( due to see neurosurgoen in two weeks) is it a menopause symptom but they have been good in doing the tests they have done and arranged.

This morning I woke up but it was too early to get to up so thought I would go back to sleep and as I was in the twilight zone between sleep and awake I felt like a massive jolt had gone through me from head to feet like a hugely intense tingling sensation - it lasted a few seconds and my heart was racing like mad. I sat up in bed and my heart calmed down , I thne had to rush to loo which is for me a sure sign of adrenalin rush:) but when I tried to go back to sleep again in exactly same half asleep state it did it again.

I was really happy last month or so becuase the dropping sensations had almost gone so was getting to sleep but now this has started.

Anyone relate please

oldtime
17-05-11, 22:04
Jolting awake when you start to fall asleep is caused by anxiety, it is very annoying. I've had it, it normally only lasts a few days. You can stop it by taking sleeping tablets for a couple of nights.

countrygirl
18-05-11, 10:16
I do find that it hasn't up to now lasted more than a week but a weeks a long time with such a horrible symptom! I have resorted to sleeping pills on the odd night or a diazepam.

I bet when i go to the sleep clinic on 7th June that I am not having them!