PDA

View Full Version : obsessions with tidying up house and mess

april tones
18-04-06, 12:43
anyone else? i hate it!!!
especially when i was saying about mess this morning and my 2 half yr old said , dont worry mommy bout the mess, its ok
i wasnt worried just the usual xx

fibrochat) http://apriltones.proboards54.com

mum2four
18-04-06, 13:05
I Have never been a visualy obsessive about mess but I was mental abosessed about mess to the extream before going 100mg Luvox now I'm finding my self wanting to clean and automaticly starting to clean something again and I have to stop my self and remind my self it clean and tell my self to walk away it clean enough. I have never had one of my kids say anything like as cute as that about house work but thay have said it to me I stuff up a friend ship over and over again cause I stop my self from putting my foot it in some how. My kids will often try to make me feel better about thing's just to make me smile lol kids are so cute that way.

I'm dealing with kids that are just as obsessive about mess as me but mental as well I think and I being made to feel that I some how passed the behaviours on my kids. I dont understand how I could have posible passed on my mentel obsessing to my kids that make no sence to me.

It must be so hard to an obsessive cleaner I know how hard it was for me just to try yo get up and make my self do the dishes I could think all day about just doing them but head would not stop obsessing about all the other job around the house that some how linked to doing the dishes. I'm finding it hard still once I have clean somthing because it still dosen't feel clean even thoe is should feel clean. I can look around my room today and see mess and say "who care it's all cool' but other day the same mess will make me feel like everything is so disorgaised that I dont know where to start even thoe everything really is not that bad at all and my room has never been so organised eva.

Southern_Belle
20-04-06, 14:48
April,

That is what my ocd is about - cleaning. My meds control mine, if I wasn't on it I would be out of control. I tried to go off them recently and went right back to obsessing and the compulsive cleaning. It is so difficult when your children are young and even when they are teens! I found that once I had children my ocd became much worse. Yes, your children don't understand and be glad, that means they don't have the compulsions! Hang in there.

Bel

anxious
20-04-06, 15:01
My ocd started with hygiene, then when i left home it turned to cleaning. When i had my second child it subsided as i simply didn't have the time, but it has changed now mostly to health obsessions.

april tones
20-04-06, 15:55
hi bel, didnt realise you had ocd
didnt remember reading anything about it on my site?
we have new member on there now too which is good x

Southern_Belle
20-04-06, 18:03
April,

Yes I do, but only related to cleaning. I guess I didn't mention it because I didn't think it was relevant to fibro. Great news about new member, I'll check it out.

Bel

april tones
20-04-06, 18:10
hi bel ah, there is a mental health section on there and i have just added a piece about o.c.d!
x

girlafraid
22-04-06, 14:30
hi there my OCD has alot to do with cleaning too and having things just in their place, nice and straight, just right. i get really anxious if someone moves anything. i also obsess about germs and my cleanliness i wash my hands if they get contaminated by anything dirty. this are all quite new symptons to me ive always had a obsession for checking the windows and doors are locked. and i suffer with negative thoughts from it all ''if i dont do this a number of times in a certain way, then something bad WILL happen''

hope things improve for you soon.sorry im not much help

dawnym
02-05-06, 15:44
Wow I know its bad to say but Im so glad to hear that someone else is like me.I hate mess and having three children and a man in the house it makes my life all about cleaning.
I spend my days cleaning,moving,arranging and organising things.All my children have coloured coat hangers which my partner thinks is really funny.Lots of things in my house have labels on,not that it makes any difference to my family no-one seems to put anything away or clean.
Sometimes it gets me down that no-one helps but then I don't suppose they would do it to my standards anyway.
I grew up in a very cluttered house and just put it down to that,Im dreading my children having their own homes as they will proberbly be the total opposite like me and my mum.:D
My partner says when they do I will go visit with my marigolds on and a duster in my pocket.:D:D

april tones
03-05-06, 23:50
Hi dawn and others
I know i was thinking this other day.My son is only young but tidys up and is independent but when he is a teen if he wont clean his room il defiently do it as wont want a smelly mess boys room! haha x