PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm Yvonne

Yvonne-S
17-05-11, 19:28
Hi to you, my name is Yvonne and am the wrong side of 50, I've been suffering horrendous panic attacks for the last 35 years but only last year plucked up enough courage to ask the doc for help, have been put on Citalopram and once I got used to the side effects have found them terrific for helping me to have a somewhat normal life, I lived what I called a half life before avoiding all the situations I knew would cause make to panic but with this meds I am slowly learning to do things I could only dream of before, I think it will take a long time before I will be panic free but at the moment I am so glad I have an understanding doc whose willing to help.

Yvonne.

diane07
17-05-11, 19:30
Hi Yvonne-S

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

gceniceros
17-05-11, 19:41
Hi Yvonne,

I'm new to this site too. I've found the posts very helpful so far and I really like that the administrators are involved with ongoing monitoring of activities related to this site.

I've been suffering with anxiety/panic (not sure which one - I see a therapist this afternoon) for many years and now it's become a problem that is interfering greatly in my life. I'm hoping to get some help with CBT since I'm not one to take meds. I'm currently taking propranolol for my heart PVCs which also help with some of the physical anxiety symptoms.

Anyhow, best wishes to you :)

Gina

Vanilla Sky
17-05-11, 21:04
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

suzy-sue
17-05-11, 22:36
Hi Yvonne and a big :welcome:.I m sure you will find plenty of support here .t/c .Sue

margaret jones
17-05-11, 22:38
Hi and :welcome: to this great site xx

yvonne_uk_98
18-05-11, 00:08
Hi,

Welcome to nmp :welcome:

Brilliant web-site, lots of support, brilliant friends, and lots of help.

Yvonne