PDA

View Full Version : Is it normal to feel depersonalised all of the time?

Rhys1879SAFC
17-05-11, 20:06
Just wondered because I've read people may only feel depersonalised for a few hours before returning to normal. I on the other hand have suffered with this almost constantly since early February.

I'm scared it will never go away.

phil06
17-05-11, 21:12
Just wondered because I've read people may only feel depersonalised for a few hours before returning to normal. I on the other hand have suffered with this almost constantly since early February.

I'm scared it will never go away.

I get it every day usually. As I said in another post someday I don't notice it as much but still have that 'strange' off feeling when I go to familiar places. Familiar ones make me feel DP and on the other hand new places would make me panic.

Feel free to discuss what other symptoms you have as I'm also going through it. Worrying at my worst makes me quite inactive and don't move much as I sit and worry if I'm out I'd feel 'floating' or tiredness.

alswife
18-05-11, 07:27
I had dp for two years, I made matters worse for myself by constantly thinking about it. I finally decided to to just live with it - sort of give in to it - and thats when it slowly started to fade. That was 3 years ago and it hasnt come back fingers crossed.

lucylockett
19-05-11, 14:09
i have suffered from this from time to time over my life, and i know how horrendous it can make you feel! i have periods were it just pops up and can stay for quite some time, then as quickly and suddely as it arrived it just goes, i do hope you fee beter soon!

lourah1989
20-05-11, 21:49
your not alone babe i have it 24/7 to all day everyday i dont now how to stop it or fix it so if you find the answer please let me now what it is :/ hope ur okay x

CrazyC
24-05-11, 23:28
I swear everyday is like this! The worst feeling is when i have done something that day which i have enjoyed "been out with friends..or on a day out" and cant really remember it happening..as if i wasnt there..even when i see the photos i think yes..ok that is me..but was i there did that happen..i cant remember how i felt what i did etc.

I find it really strange! or i can do something in the morning then in the afternoon it feel like i did it days ago!..in a way i feel like im high or drunk most of the time for the not remembering. This will sound weird but its like im trapped in a body..my eyes are the windows im just looking out of them..(hard to explain)

venusbluejeans
25-05-11, 06:30
I swear everyday is like this! The worst feeling is when i have done something that day which i have enjoyed "been out with friends..or on a day out" and cant really remember it happening..as if i wasnt there..even when i see the photos i think yes..ok that is me..but was i there did that happen..i cant remember how i felt what i did etc.

I find it really strange! or i can do something in the morning then in the afternoon it feel like i did it days ago!..in a way i feel like im high or drunk most of the time for the not remembering. This will sound weird but its like im trapped in a body..my eyes are the windows im just looking out of them..(hard to explain)

i know exactly what you mean, i just can not concentrate on anything..... the light reall affects me if it is sunny one minute and cloudy the next it goes totally worse, like I am not real just sat in my body while it goes through the motions

Rhys1879SAFC
25-05-11, 17:57
Not to sound mean but I'm glad I'm not the only one suffering with it.

I'm hopeful I'll get over this ASAP, its hell, good luck everyone.

xhyperyogix
25-05-11, 20:28
If it helps, I too get this. In fact, I pretty much just get DP & DR as my anxiety and panic symptoms. Oh apart from being scared, numbness, and the 'heart thing' which is what I always call palpations! Oh and extreme hyperactivity. Ok, so that's quite a few thi8ngs. Better stop there before I get carried away :)

I try to tell myself that my reality is just a bit different on those days...

Sorry you all are feeling like this, but it's nice to know it's not just my brain that's odd!

xxxx

xx

xhyperyogix
25-05-11, 20:30
ps, venusbluejeans, dusk is when I get affected by the light worst. Everything shimmers, and distorts! Oddly it can be quite pretty like fireworks that are not there....