PDA

View Full Version : Worrying about my baby.....HA coming back by proxy...

fairyloveheart
17-05-11, 23:20
Hi
I used to post on these forums a lot about my own HA, but after a while I seemed to have kicked it into touch and it went away hurrah!
I had a baby in December though and now my HA seems to be rearing it's head over my little one. Now, I kow that everyone worries about their babies/children etc, but it is getting a bit out of control.
It has started as my baby is a big boy, and also has a few spots, so the GP scared me witless by saying he needed a blood test for an adrenal tumour or Cushings Syndrome, so I start frantically looking on the internet at these things. I still haven't had the blood test results back, it is now over a week and am due to see the doctor tomorrow, so I am panicing...where are the bloods, have they lost the sample, is it something so bad they haven't put them on the system and I am a mess. I keep checking him for other signs etc etc and I am not sure how to stop driving myself insane. Any ideas or anyone in a similar position :(

Thanks

shoegal
18-05-11, 01:34
Hello. I don't suffer from HA but I do get worked up if I'm waiting for test results. I think anyone would be worried whilst waiting for test results to come back for their children, but for an anxiety sufferer it's torture. Please don't google for symptoms and let the professionals do their jobs. You could try phoning the Dr in the morning to see what has happened to the results. I'm sure they haven't been lost, and if they have they can easily do them again. Please try to stay calm as worrying excessively won't help your son. Stay strong. :flowers: