PDA

View Full Version : Paxil Experiences??

gceniceros
18-05-11, 02:22
Hello All:

Just got back from my initial appt with a psychiatrist regarding my anxiety and panic symptoms and he suggested that I start on low dose of Paxil. I don't know anything at all about this medication, but I did try Lexapro a couple of years ago and had horrible side-effects.

Any input is greatly appreciated :) Looking for honest feedback about experiences on this medication. I get anxious about taking any type of medication because of the possible side-effects.

Thanks much!

eeyorelover
18-05-11, 03:00
I can tell you that asking for experiences probably isn't going to help your medication phobia. I have the same issue so I have asked before and it didn't ease my mind. Not because of any one person's comments but because the way a person's body reacts to meds is so individualized that you will get people who swear by a med and some that have had horrible experiences and if your mind works like mine, it will dwell on the negative stories every time! LOL
I hope the med works for you hun!
xxx
Sandy

gceniceros
18-05-11, 03:13
You are probably right - I wish I wasn't so darn over-cautious about these things.

Thank you for your reply and your words of encouragement:)

haz
18-05-11, 21:56
Well, if it helps, Paroxetine (Seroxat in the UK) improved my anxiety significantly and kept me functioning well for 14 years. Escitalopram (Cipralex in the UK) did nothing for my anxiety symptoms and I came off them after six months. I'm now on sertraline.

So, in summary, YES, I have had a good experience with Paroxetine.

Good Luck. x