PDA

View Full Version : Hi, i'm new

rachel222
18-05-11, 10:41
Hi, I am Rachel and am suffering with pnd and anxiety following the birth of my son 8 months ago. I was on medication after the birth of my daughter 4 years ago but did not react very well to it
Because of this I am quite wary of taking medication this time although the doctors at the post natal unit are being quite adamant that I need it. They have referred me for cbt but want me to take medication alongside it. I have previously taken citalopram, serltraline and venlafaxine. This time they want me to try mirtrazipine. Anyone else had any good/bad experiences of this drug as I am worried about the side effects

Thanks
Rachel x

nomorepanic
18-05-11, 10:45
Hi rachel222

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

musicman65
18-05-11, 19:28
Hi Rachel,
I've been on Sertraline and a number of other similar medications and they all pretty much have the same side-effects. Sometimes it's better not knowing what to expect because the anticipation can help magnify the side-effects. It comes down to what you can tolerate and you can always research them on the net. If you find certain side-effects too unpleasant, you can always talk to your doctor about them. I wish you well.
Musicman

Vanilla Sky
18-05-11, 21:49
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x