PDA

View Full Version : Nearly out of HA but can feel it pulling me back in

rosi
18-05-11, 12:34
Life without HA is great, I had a few weeks off and now in it's predictable pattern its pulling me back in. My fear is BC and I alternate between nipple problems, armpit lumps and breast pain. One goes and then another takes over. This has been going on 8 months now and if I had BC it would have manifested itself by now but, no, my mind won't let me believe that.

I am not going to fall in again this time. I am going over old territory again and I want to live. I have to realise that its an addiction, I'm not going to beat this overnight. Can't talk about this anywhere else.

blueangel
18-05-11, 14:35
Hi rosi

Have you ever had counselling or tried any self-help books? I've found CBT useful; I'm a long-time sufferer of HA and have had many relapses in the past. The thing I found most helpful about CBT was using the idea of how likely my worst fear was. Most of the time, it's not very likely at all, and so far, it's helped me to rationalise my fears.

filigree
20-05-11, 16:42
Places like this are so wonderful for HA sufferers.

I've been having nipple pains/armpit lumps recently and it's been really stressful. Hearing that other people with HA are having the same symptoms is extremely reassuring.

I've had HA since I was a teenager and I'm now nearly 40. I've had a really great patch since the beginning of the year when I went on a detox diet specifically designed to help the nervous system and clean out the bowels (and full of anti-cancer foods too which is most wonderful for an HA sufferer :)

Then I got an armpit lump (which I've had once before many years ago when I had depression) which the doctor said was probably a blocked lymph gland - my body clearing itself out basically.

Thankfully, this went away in a month or two... but now I've got sporadic nipple and shoulder pain on my right side and here I am... on an HA forum seeking solace from my adrenalin-racked mind. :(

Really really helpful to hear your thoughts Rosi.. thanks for sharing.

I knocked my breast on the door handle a few months ago and that's been worrying me... and it's hard to feel for lumps because I've always had very lumpy breasts.... and I dreamt I had BC a few weeks ago.. and ... and......

But I've also noticed that the pain happens mostly during stressful situations.. and I've had these scares soo so so many times before.... and I only stopped breastfeeding my daugter a year and a half ago.....

and so the arguments continue...