PDA

View Full Version : please help will i get food poisioning ??

honeyp1e
18-05-11, 13:07
ii always just eat gluten free bread etc... and i always cook them in the grill well toast them in the grill for a few minutes as they always say for best taste etc warm through so i bought some new bread today and put it in the grill for a few minutes both sides until pipping hot then buttered them and ate them and they were lovely so i just started reading the box thinking what was they made from etc... then i read the cooking guide says ( put in oven for 5mins serve pipping hot) now am PANICING badly as i just cooked them in the grill and now am thinking will i get food poisioning etc... they were toasted well and pipping hot through but i can''t stop panicking :weep:

honeyp1e
18-05-11, 13:13
well i have just checked with the bread that i eat everyday and that has the same cooking guides cook in oven and i only cook that in grill so my hearts calmed down a bit now x x

nomorepanic
18-05-11, 13:21
I wouldn't think you can get food posioning from bread to be honest

honeyp1e
18-05-11, 13:26
I wouldn't think you can get food posioning from bread to be honest

think am just having a bad two days all ive done is cry and feel all anxious i have been eating that gluten/wheat/dairy free bread for a while now and always just put it in the toaster but don't no what made me read it then and i just went into panic as it said bake for 5mins in oven :( and every1 has just said the same as you bread cant give you food posioning think its just me :weep:

shoegal
18-05-11, 13:48
Honey, you can't get food poisoning because you choose to warm your bread up a different way to the instructions. Food poisoning is caused by bacteria on the food. You can't get ill from using a different cooking method unless you haven't warmed the food adequately (like when cooking a chicken curry for example). I have never heard of anyone getting ill from eating bread (cold, warm, or hot). In fact I have eaten mouldy bread by accident and it didn't do me any harm. Please stop worrying. xxx

honeyp1e
18-05-11, 14:15
Honey, you can't get food poisoning because you choose to warm your bread up a different way to the instructions. Food poisoning is caused by bacteria on the food. You can't get ill from using a different cooking method unless you haven't warmed the food adequately (like when cooking a chicken curry for example). I have never heard of anyone getting ill from eating bread (cold, warm, or hot). In fact I have eaten mouldy bread by accident and it didn't do me any harm. Please stop worrying. xxx

i just re-read it and its a heating guide (we have given you these heating instructions as a guide only to oven heat place in a oven for 5-6 minutes make sure item s pipping hot right through) i no there only bread rolls so i don't no why am freaking out i hate it so much bein this way and i always warm my bread up in the grill but just freaked out earlier on and still feeling anxious about it will i have food posioning etc :weep:

blueangel
18-05-11, 14:23
I think Shoegal was very clear on this - food poisoning occurs when dangerous bacteria aren't killed by cooking or heating. As you can eat bread cold anyway (although gluten-free bread is a bit chewy), it's just not relevant.

honeyp1e
18-05-11, 14:48
I think Shoegal was very clear on this - food poisoning occurs when dangerous bacteria aren't killed by cooking or heating. As you can eat bread cold anyway (although gluten-free bread is a bit chewy), it's just not relevant.

i have calmed down a bit now as i read its a HEATING GUIDE not a cooking guidei just find am panicking over the slightest things lately :weep:

suzy-sue
18-05-11, 15:47
Just thought id add something Honey .Warm or hot bread of any kind will produce wind ..Thought you should be aware of that ..Try to unwind a bit and relax hun ,it will only aggravate your bowel and IBS ..t/C sue x

honeyp1e
18-05-11, 17:21
Just thought id add something Honey .Warm or hot bread of any kind will produce wind ..Thought you should be aware of that ..Try to unwind a bit and relax hun ,it will only aggravate your bowel and IBS ..t/C sue x

OMG really ?? as this is the only way i ever eat my bread warmed up!! maybe this is why am suffering with this bad wind x
am now on a wheat/gluten & dairy free diet see if this helps my stomach x x

suzy-sue
18-05-11, 17:26
Try it for a week cold ,and see how it affects you Honey ..Also remember to eat some vegetables daily .No peas ,beans cauliflower or broccoli .tho ..They cause wind too ..Did you get the fybogel ? Sue x

honeyp1e
18-05-11, 17:41
Try it for a week cold ,and see how it affects you Honey ..Also remember to eat some vegetables daily .No peas ,beans cauliflower or broccoli .tho ..They cause wind too ..Did you get the fybogel ? Sue x

no never got any have been the loo 3days running :)

joans60
18-05-11, 17:50
Hi Honeyple
I have just read your post
No you wont get food poisoning of bread I said when I spoke to you on the phone and also warm and hot bread is the worst thing to give you more wind I did not realise that you have been eating the bread warm as I would have told you that before
Stop panicking you will be okay

Joanx