PDA

View Full Version : is sertraline actually prescibed for anxiety?

xninax
18-05-11, 14:31
okay so i was reading the drug leaflet and it says sertraline is prescribed for depression (which i have), PTSD and OCD, but it says nothing about it being used for anxiety and panic attacks, so I'm now just wondering (worrying more like) is Sertraline actually used for anxiety/panic disorder or not? please let me know, thanks xx

Whitehall1
18-05-11, 16:56
Hello - I take 50mg a day for "Anxiety" and am getting much better (I have been taking since Feb this year) - I did not notice an improvement over night but I seem to be back on the right track. Adele xxx

Lizzyg
18-05-11, 23:20
Hi - I am also on 50mg for anxiety and too started in Feb this year. They have really helped although did feel rubbish at first with alot of side effects. So glad I stuck with them and to be honest I don't care if I'm on them forever because I have my life back!

FRANKIEISBACK
23-05-11, 17:40
yes, its probably the most verstalie of all the sssris ....anxiety , depression , ptsd , ocd , panic attacks

citalopram is really only for panic and depression

Lilyblue
26-05-11, 06:21
I've been prescribed ad's for anxiety, iv'e refused to take my paroxetine, and when i ring up today, we'll discuss a diff ad, sertraline was one of other ad's they were gonna give me,
Is this the best one for anxiety? I so want to go back to work after 18 monthhs off,
Also how big are the tablets? Really wanna know as don't want to get them and find i cant swallow them, i will not break them up,
I know it comes in liquid but kinda scared to take liquid now incase get worse nausea,

brainfogette
18-06-11, 12:30
I was thinking of asking for a change because of anxiety :( The sertraline has definitely helped with the depression but I'm getting really bad attacks of anxiety which I've never had before :(