PDA

View Full Version : Not having many side effects? confused

leeannes
18-05-11, 16:20
Hi, so started taking citalopram on Tuesday, the only side effects im having is feeling sick for 3-4 hours. Other than that nothing, not feeling any worse, no shakes or anything that other users on here are describing. Just a bit like I dunno i just kind of not sure if i should be experiencing more side effects. Cor how stupid does that sound?

aislynn
18-05-11, 19:39
some people don't have them, lucky you!

My hubby didn't either

leeannes
18-05-11, 20:22
Thankyou for your reply aislynn

jenbo50
18-05-11, 20:50
Hi there

Don't be worrying that you've not had any side effects :-)) You may just be one of the people who tolerates the meds really well. Be pleased if that is the case.

However, try not to be looking at possible side effects on here or online as in my experience you start to notice them (even if they aren't really there lol).

Also, if by chance in the next 48 hours you do start with anything else then please do not stress about ti. The SE's go in a few weeks anyway!

Good luck x

LauraSmith27
19-05-11, 08:15
I've been on cit for 6 weeks now. The only side effects I had were sleepiness and a few headaches, which were gone after a couple of weeks. Cit has worked really well for me.

Laura x

shoegal
19-05-11, 09:47
Grrrr! I just replied to this thread and then I had a powercut and lost it all! Anyway, I tried taking Citalopram but I threw up and was too scared to take any more. Maybe if nausea is a common side effect I was sick because I was already feeling nauseous due to the anxiety? I want to try taking Citalopram again but I would prefer not to be on my own because I'm scared I'll feel worse (I can't imagine feeling worse than I already do). Can anybody tell me how soon after taking the Citalopram the nausea starts please? Thanks. :flowers:

NoPoet
19-05-11, 12:10
I had nausea, blinding headaches, dizziness, sweating, massively increased anxiety and agitation, jaw clenching, mental confusion, reduced energy, increased need to urinate, and back in 2009 I used to wake up at 4am shivering with horrible panic attacks. Virtually all of these effects are now long gone.

Consider yourself blessed in comparison.

leeannes
19-05-11, 14:55
hey all thanks for all your replies, im sorry some of you have had more side effects than me.
Shoegal- I havent actually been sick only felt sick luckily.