PDA

View Full Version : OMG, SCARED I have an enlarged spleen!!!!

Mark801
18-05-11, 17:26
Hey guys, so I posted yesterday that I've been having a bout of indigestion after I ate some bad fatty food yesterday.

But I just saw something on google and it completely freaked me out. I have this rumbling/gassy/tight feeling since yesterday under my left chest. I also have a little bit of heartburn.

I'm terrified that I may have an enlarged spleen!!:weep:

My allergies have also been acting up(cough, itchy/runny nose and eyes) and that makes me even more terrified. :ohmy:

Help!!!!!!

daisyflower
18-05-11, 17:30
Google has told me I had a month to live and that was 3 years ago :) I'm guilty of it too but it gives you the worst case scenario. You can google paper-cut and it will tell you about someone who got theirs infected and ended up with no arm, hehe.

Mark801
18-05-11, 17:33
Thanks for the reply. I was looking up the symptoms and i FEEL as if I have all of them.

The only thing that doesn't make sense is that I've only had this feeling yesterday after I ate that food. And one of the symptoms suggest a full feeling under the left chest after a meal and I feel a bit fatigued.:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

The only thing thats different is that I also have a gurgling rumbling feeling like gas.

Mark801
18-05-11, 17:34
It said that a viral infection can give you this...could my allergies be causing this? Oh my I'm so terrified.

daisyflower
18-05-11, 17:38
I've been getting indigestion nearly every night, everybody gets it sometimes. Don't worry, it's probably just trapped wind. Don't google, that's what started my health anxiety in the first place and it wont make you feel better. I'm sure your spleen is just fine :)

Mark801
18-05-11, 17:41
Do you get a tight/rubling feeling feeling under your left chest with it?

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I'm just terrified that something is wrong with my spleen :weep::weep::weep::weep::weep:

daisyflower
18-05-11, 18:01
Yes you can, your intestines tuck right underneath there. Sometimes when i have trapped wind it can be anywhere from my chest to my groin! Worry about your spleen if your passing out in agony. You haven't had pain long, do something to distract yourself and it will pass (if it's still there tomorrow don't panic, I had trapped wind pain under my right ribs once for 3 weeks but it went away when i stopped worrying about it). x

feminism_rocks
20-05-11, 16:06
Daisyfolwer, I love your remarks about Google, hilarious and so true ! It's a nightmare - but I STILL do it !!!!!!!!! Mark, I get rumbling/gurgling noises and sensations from my lower abdoment up to my throat - I tend to get it when I'm anxious so am fairly convinced it's just gas caused by fretting ! Sounds like something's almost moving up and down in there ?! It's amazing what we can diagnose ourselves with isn't it, when really we haven't a clue because no matter how much info we access on the net, even if it's through reputable sources, the fact remains that when you're not medically trained you can't process it properly and put it into perspective - that's why we have doctors I guess !! I bet they curse the internet !!
x