PDA

View Full Version : Discharge help

HazG
19-05-11, 10:00
Right i'm 51 years old i take the mini pill have done for over 10 years ! two week ago i rang to get an appointment for my pills at the GP but was told there were no apponintmets for over a week i did explain it was for my pills but to no avail ! so i went along to the nusre got my pills i did start to take them but had a break of a week so started taking them last week sorry hope its not too confusing :)
Yesterday i started to feel a bit dizzy and sick and this morning i had a brown discharge no pain or anything just the discharge still feel sick and headache ?
I wonder if its breakthrough bledding or what ? didn't think i wuld have periods at my age ??

shoegal
19-05-11, 14:16
Are you saying that you don't normally have a break in your pills but on this occasion you did? I think when you take a pill break it gives the body a rest and if you're still menstruating you would have a period. I think women of your age still have periods but they would be less frequent and sometimes heavy and sometimes light until eventually they stop. I assume if you still need the pill you are still fertile and if you're still fertile then yes you will still have periods! I think the brown stain was a very light period or spotting because your body isn't used to not being on the pill. Try not to worry about it. :flowers:

HazG
19-05-11, 19:15
Yes i take the pill all the time and had to have a break becuase the nurse couldn;t fit me in and i ran out :ohmy: started taking them again last week when i got them and bang spotting !! i don't know if i am fertile my gp says its ok to keep taking the pill untill i'm 55 just incase to give me protection and keep my hormones at bay :D which they do :yesyes:

My son gets married in 2 weeks and this is all i need i have a cream dress :blush:

shoegal
19-05-11, 19:49
You'll be OK. I think you're probably still ovulating but it will be irregular now. The change in your system (by having a pill break) will have just triggered off a mini period that's all. By the way, I've heard of women getting pregnant at your age so of course women still have periods in their 50's! I'm not saying all women do but some do! You can wear a mini tampon under the cream dress if you're worried but if it's just spotting and you're taking the pills again now I would think it will have cleared up by then.

HazG
19-05-11, 20:24
You'll be OK. I think you're probably still ovulating but it will be irregular now. The change in your system (by having a pill break) will have just triggered off a mini period that's all. By the way, I've heard of women getting pregnant at your age so of course women still have periods in their 50's! I'm not saying all women do but some do! You can wear a mini tampon under the cream dress if you're worried but if it's just spotting and you're taking the pills again now I would think it will have cleared up by then.

Thankyou :flowers: put my mind at rest.