PDA

View Full Version : Propranolol Beta Blocker Medication

MatthewH
19-05-11, 18:32
So my doctor decided (with some input from myself) that i should try Propranolol beta blockers to try and manage my anxiety attacks. I dont know if its doing anything for me though, except making me feel bad.
My chest feels a bit tight, and i felt a bit sick after first taking them. Ive only taken the one so far, and doc said take between one and three depending on how im feeling. I felt a little bit 'spaced out' earlier, but now i feel ok apart from the tight chest. I dont know if im anxious about taking the tablets and thats causing the symptoms, but i dont know, i just feel a bit weird taking them. What do you guys think? Has anybody had these tablets and can reassure me?

nomorepanic
19-05-11, 19:06
Hi Matthew

I will move this to the right forum for you. Maybe have a read of the posts in there as well

Million_Moments
22-05-11, 13:53
Well they do have a few side effects, but the drug is very short acting, so your side effects shouldn't last too long either. It works best about 1 to 2 hours after taking them. I found I couldn't sleep and also my vision was a bit weird.

Hazel B
22-05-11, 15:51
I had 40mg x 3 times daily and no side-effects, just a bit sleepy at the end of the day (which was good for me). The tablets take about 25 mins to work and help to stop the adrenaline cycle. I had them for 3 months and they helped me beat anxiety. I also stopped smoking, gave up caffeine, had counselling and did more exercise.