PDA

View Full Version : Blood Clotting while on warfarin

yvonne_uk_98
19-05-11, 18:53
Hi all,

I have blood clots on my left arm, 2 which I have had for years and have never went away, never used to cause me any problems.

for the last few months, I have now 2 more new blood clots on my left arm, and the ones that were there, now cause me pain, I let my gp know about it, and she has referred me to the Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery Out Patient Clinic.

today I was talking to my inr nurse, she was telling me they will probably remove them by an operation, take me off warfarin, put me on injections. this is what they might do. I let you know if they decide to do this.

my gp and I talked about coming of warfarin and going on the injections for life, though I know can not be on the injections for life, because what they do to your body. my gp says we will need to wait and see what the consutltant says at the clinic.

right now, I'm on a 10 week waiting list to be seen, I will let you know when my appointment comes through, just wanted to let you know, that I have new clots. they are not desolving at all.

I may not need to wait 10 week waiting time. I hope and pray that I dont have to wait so long for an appointment.

Yvonne

yvonne_uk_98
05-07-11, 16:15
Hi,

I got my appointment to go and see consultant, I go this evening at 6.30pm. I hope going to tell me that they will remove those four blood clots that I have in my left arm. I dont want them anymore, too painful. I have had these clots for a long time while on warfarin. two are old ones that have never ever dissolved, cause warfarin dont disolve your clots. it's only a thining medication.

Since they have started to alternate my tablets every day, back to cant get it right. when they gave me the same does every day, it was right every time. maybe this consultant will listen to me about being on the same does. I was on the same dose through a month trial, and found out the same does worked for me. that was with a professor, who was in a trail to see what worked for me best. he found out very quickly that alterating the dose was never going to work for me, I would either be bleeding inside or way too low. he found that giving me the same does every day, the results was good and in between the right level for my inr.

Yvonne

suzy-sue
05-07-11, 17:43
Hope the appointment goes well Yvonne ..Sounds terrible ..:scared15:what pain you must be in .Hope the Consultant does something for you .All the very best T/c .Luv Sue x:hugs: