PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram

Two heads
18-04-06, 18:32
Hi!I think im going mad at moment,i sure this drug is making me parnoid.Does anyone else notice an increase of parnoid thoughts?x

ashley
19-04-06, 09:11
Hiya
I was para before, but yes i have notice an increase since i started the tablets..how long have you been on them now?

Its nuts all this isnt it huh, hope the para goes for you as it certinley dosnt help the situation does it love.

And by the way as for going mad..your not love.. it may feel like that at times.. but ya not...mad...
.. im afraid if you was mad you wouldnt even know it(best way huh)

ashley x

Two heads
19-04-06, 11:17
Hi sweet!Im in to my 7th week and just paranoid most of the time.I dont know if its the chemicals moving about again but it really does get me down ash!And it really did feel like i was going mad yestaday afternoon.A friend came over and just seem to make condition worse,she just upset me.I dont think she really understands whats happening to me up strairs.The tablets have started to work i think ,but its avery slow process hun,i mean im only on 10mg and have been to scared to up them to 15mg like suggested by doc two weeks ago!I have def perked up but am worrying alot still at mo about past problems.I hope you are feeling ok today and not to many sideaffects with your tabs,they will go.xxxx

ashley
19-04-06, 12:27
Bong hiya
Poor you, its hard at times isnt it ..i do hope that things get a little easyier on you in that department..remember the tablets do work(she hopes) but do you do anything else to surport your progress, counselling, relaxtion classes, etc etc.. tablets work YES but you need to do the other things too, to surport your progress..

ashley x

Two heads
19-04-06, 18:27
Hi ash!I really feel horrible today,just had apanick attack and havet had one in weeks.I had apain in chest when i got up from bending.And my brain keeps telling me it a heart problem,help!

ashley
20-04-06, 22:44
Bong you alright darling..how ya feeling..hope that everything has calmed down.. i feel for ya.. what strength are your tabs darling??

love ash x

Two heads
21-04-06, 16:05
Hi ash!I ok hun,just going to stay away from what upsets me.Have had arocky few days and finding it differcult to control my thought process but im trying hard.
Im on 10mg.I have had some improvement but not as much as i hope for.Its the way im over reacting to everything its horrid ash!Ive never been lke this in my life.Since the upset the other day im breathless again and i havet been for nearly a week.That would be the longest time since december that i havet been breathless.
.I think i may up them after ive seen the cardio next week if all ok,im to scared to befor!
How are you getting on with yours sweet?xxxx

existential crisis
21-04-06, 22:07
Bong -

Hope you are doing OK. I really can empathise what you are going through at the moment. I tried Citalopram for 3 weeks and it didnt agree with me at all. I was very much like you with the thought processes too. I hope you feel better soon! Clare. xxx

*I think, therefore I am.*

Two heads
22-04-06, 13:48
Thanks claire for the surport!Yes really dont like the thought process thing.How are you now with your anxiety?And are you on any meds?Still up and down hun!xx

ashley
22-04-06, 16:11
Hi bong..
Oh babe sorry to hear that you are still having a hard time of it all, its hard isnt it i know how ya feeling.. i too am having a hard time love. Im waiting for an cardio appointment too, fingers crossed for you and for i, of which i am sure will be fine.
Having a few problems with pc, so if i go quiet dont think i have disappeared...i will get back to you..pm me when you come online, im here for you any time..man life is well tuff for me right now...
thinking of you with love

ashley

existential crisis
23-04-06, 21:18
Bong - Hope you are bearing up OK. No, I'm not on any medication, the whole citalopram episode was enough to put me off trying meds for life. Although to be honest, I'm not sure I need them at the moment anyway.
I thought for a while that I couldnt possibly get better without tablets but after having months of CBT and doing it religiously I can honestly say there has been a ten fold improvement.
When I was on citalopram the horrid thoughts were the worse for me - they seemed to put things in my mind that werent there before and even after stopping the treatment I was left with the psychological consequences of taking them. That said, my CPN was convinced that if I had given them a little more time then they would have worked for me - and they might for you! Please tell me if I have scared you by telling you my bad experience - I know this drug works wonders for some people! Clare. xxx

Two heads
24-04-06, 11:29
Hi clare!How long were you on them?
Im finding theres a def increase in thoughts at moment, but what would i have been like if i hadet been taking them write now i ask myself?Think when seen cardio i will up them and if that doesnt work after afew weeks im going to give up on them!I have found an improvement with the going out thing and somedays i def feel more positive!So who nos claire there may be hope!
You should feel proud of your self for improving without meds hun thats just great.I keep hearing about this cpn thing and it sounds promiseing.
Thanks for the reply you havet made me feel any worse so dont woory hun!xxxx

Two heads
24-04-06, 11:31
i ment cbt thing!xx

existential crisis
24-04-06, 12:51
Bong - I only tolerated them for about 3 weeks! I really was convinced I was going insane and just couldnt stand sticking the treatment out. Personally, I am glad that I came off them because I have made loads of progress without them but then I didnt give them much time to work, did I?! One of the list of many horrible side effects is unwanted and intrusive thoughts though...so try not to read too much into them because they are just side effects. If you have seen an improvement in some areas then maybe they are starting to work now - it's a gradual process. I think it's a waste of time asking yourself what you would be like if you werent on them though - you made a decision to try medication because you thought it was the best thing to do so I wouldnt worry about all the 'what if's' - trust me, thinking like that gets you nowhere, hun! There is definately hope, believe me! Hope you are OK today - Clare. xxx

Two heads
24-04-06, 19:47
Thanks claire for thesurport hun!Ive gota sharp shocking pain in my head tonight and im worying again now!I caut wait to up them to see if i improve but i wont entill next week.
You said you only gave them three weeks,the side affects are worst in the frist three and a half weeks i have found.
You are write i shouldet worry about all the what ifs!I really hope you are write and there is hope for improvement because at the moment im just worrying.xxxx

existential crisis
24-04-06, 21:16
Bong - I have heard from people that some SSRI's can give a feeling of like small electric shocks in your head. I had this mildly but when I stopped the drug it went away. Honestly, there really is hope for improvement. I am testament to that! I was in a right state 6 months ago and I'm pretty much back to normal now apart from a few minor probs. My CPN told me when I was on them that they have to reach a 'therapeutic level' (or something like that, I'm no medical expert!) and from what I understood that means that the drug starts to work when it's at a certain dose/level in the brain. Don't take my word for that though because when I was told that I was hysterical in the Doctor's surgery! [:P] So maybe when you up the dose, you might feel better. I know you are worrying hun, but at least you know that this is normal for the treatment. I know it's f*cking horrible - when I was on them I expected a slight raise in my anxiety levels but what I got was ULTRA intense anxiety that just never stopped. Keep on going mate - you're doing alright. :D Clare. xxx

Two heads
24-04-06, 21:45
Thanls claire!You are giving me some sound advise and surport hun.I think i really need at the moment.
And the pain is just as you described like sudden electric shocks that come and go.What you have said about the drug having to reach therapeutic level makes sense to.
A couple of weeks ago i felt so much better being on them nowxxx i seem to have gone down hill on them.Maybe i just need to up them next week weather i like it all not and find my balance!!xxxx

Two heads
24-04-06, 21:47
Lord knows what happened to my PC just then!

existential crisis
24-04-06, 23:47
Bong - I'm glad I can offer you some advice, it's always nice to know someone understands. Plus, I've been through the whole citalopram crap so I do actually know what I'm on about where this is concerned! I think that's how it works with most anti-depressants - they make you worse before they make you better. I think you deserve a medal for putting up with it for SEVEN WEEKS!!! OMG!!! I would never have made it that far!!! I reckon your doing the sensible thing sticking with them though - at least then if after a few months you dont think they're for you after all then you can be satisfied that you have tried! Then you can move on to phase two of kicking anxiety's ass! :D Hope you're feeling OK. Clare. xxx