PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety

lees6655
19-05-11, 23:20
Hi i have suffered with health anxiety for about ten years now i have had everything well i thought so every form of cancer and other serious illness my latest episode started about a month or two ago. It started off with a cough that wouldn't go away i dont smoke and after a week or so i thought it was something serious i went to my doctors and my doctor said its a cough it will go a couple of weeks later it went . Next i started getting headaches and pain behind my eyes cheek pain and neck ache well i thought this was a brain tumor went back to my doctors she said go and get your eyes checked so i went and had my eyes checked the optician said they were fine but if the headaches continue go back to the doctors. My headaches seem to have settled now but now i have different symptoms now lower back pain left side ,pain in my left bum cheek aching legs and arms ,joint pain in my fingers discomfort I'm my testicles urinating frequently, slight groin pain and iam thinking the worst again i can't go through this again its driving me mad any help out there.I know these latest symptoms probably sound like a water infection but iam convinced its something serious and i can't get into my doctors until next week.

nomorepanic
19-05-11, 23:26
You really need to treat the HA before trying to treat all the symptoms/illnesses you think you have.

Ask your GP for a CBT referral.

If you also look in the online shop here there is a free information leaflet on HA that I urge you to read.

lees6655
19-05-11, 23:42
Thanks for the quick reply i will have a look at the information leaflet now