PDA

View Full Version : scared im pregnant?

miniholly
20-05-11, 02:38
hi, last week for 3 days i was on amoxicilin on the friday i stopped taking them, im also on the Pill at the same time i was taking amoxicilin and i totally forgot that antibiotics can decrease the effectiveness of the pill so today i had sex with my bf then afterwards remembered, im so scared i have a phobia of being pregnant, i googled it and some sites say its pointless even taking the pill on amoxicilin and nhs direct says theres no evidence it effects the pill only on a couple of antibiotics what are my chances of being pregnant? :( i cant get acess to the morning after pill either please please help xxxx

blueangel
20-05-11, 09:17
You can get the morning after pill from any pharmacy, so if you're really worried, just go to the local Bootd/Lloyd's and get it there. No questions are asked, and you don't need to see a doctor.

If I remember rightly, I've read that antibiotics only really have an affect on the pill if they upset your stomach, as then you don't absorb the pill properly. If you really can't get the momrning after pill, then the best thing I can suggest is that you do a pregnancy test when your period is due, then if the worst has happened, you can consider what to do next.

london
20-05-11, 10:25
nhs knows what thay are talking about

shinderuko
20-05-11, 18:49
I was given Amoxicilin whilst on the pill last year and my doctor told me it will decrease the pills effectiveness so I would speak to a pharmacist or your GP if I was you

miniholly
21-05-11, 01:49
Thanks everyone :)
did manage to go to my gp today and get the morning after pill, my question now is, does the morning after pill decrease the effectiveness of the Pill? my gp didnt mention anything about it xxx

lindajane1971
21-05-11, 18:25
if in doubt about it then just abstain from further "fun" until youve finished your medication :)

blueangel
23-05-11, 09:45
If anything, the morning after pill would increase the effectiveness of the pill, as you're taking a much larger dose of hormones than usual. But yes, if in doubt, abstain until you've finished the antibiotics!!