PDA

View Full Version : gum pain?

Butterfly22
20-05-11, 09:22
Just recently Ive started to have a little bit of pain in the gums around a couple of my front bottom teeth, but have also felt it in my top jaw as well and had a bit of pain down my jawline, I was wondering if anxiety can trigger a sort of dental pain for instance neuralgia? , I do have a dentist appointment coming up and will get myself checked out to make sure there is no underlying cause for it but I was just curious. The gum pain seems to come and go.

cookie123
20-05-11, 10:49
Hi

Thats really funny, i am suffering from anxiety and panic, and sometimes i feel like i have lock jaw, sore gums and teeth.

Sometimes without thinking about it, i must be tightening up my jaw that much, that i even get the indent marks of my teeth on my tounge.

Ive read a few other articles and this seems to be a symtom of anxiety and stress, some people even do it in there sleep.

Hope this helps, it would be really intresting to hear what the dentist tell you.

Good luck :)

Butterfly22
20-05-11, 11:57
awww sorry to hear your suffering with that too, yes it will be interesting to find out if the dentist has anything to say. I guess you can tense up your jaw without realising it like any other muscle.

:hugs:

nuttymoo
20-05-11, 12:25
I get neuralgia. It was that and dizzyness which were the first symptoms I noticed when I started having panic attacks. I usually get it on one side of my mouth. A couple of years ago I had two weeks off work sick as I had burning pain in my shoulder, back and down my arm. I know now that was anxiety too. Deep breathing usually helps me. :flowers:

Butterfly22
20-05-11, 12:43
awwww that sounds terrible hun, the odd thing is how it tends to ebb and flow a bit, its not always there and sometimes it gets painful when it is there, do you find hot and cold antagonises?

nuttymoo
20-05-11, 12:54
No I don't think so. Just stress :)

Butterfly22
20-05-11, 14:16
This morning my gums were sore, but like now its hardly there..... so am wondering if its a stress thing too.