PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Threnners
20-05-11, 19:16
I contracted a lovely case of anxiety/panic when divorcing my ex husband in 2009. I had loads of gastro problems that culminated in me having ferocious health anxiety, though my doctors eventually discovered my gallbladder had gone bad and removed it. Then I developed IBS as a result of the surgery. Now? Every little twinge sends me into the downward spiral it seems.

I hate this, I really do. I am a single mother of a school aged child and I don't have time for this garbage and I want my life back. I've done the three "big" commercial anxiety programs and I'm finally having some results with CBT4panic. (I disagree with him on breathing being an avoidance technique because I once had a raging attack and once they put the oxygen on me, I quickly came down off the mountain, so I think there's something to be said for hyperventilation.) Alas, I am just taking it one day at a time. I am hoping the fact I'm growing more annoyed than fearful with anxiety symptoms will help me in my recovery.

Anyway, it's nice to see such a large community that isn't based around a specific program. *waves*

nomorepanic
20-05-11, 19:20
Hi Threnners

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

paula lynne
20-05-11, 19:23
Welcome to a great supportive forum, great to have you with us x
Paula :welcome:

Vanilla Sky
20-05-11, 22:10
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x