PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting really scared .. attack??

gypsy55
18-04-06, 22:13
For the last two weeks I've had fast heart rate, dizziness, my left arm goes numb, my left hand doesn't want to work right and is very, very cold. I went to the doctor last week and said my EKG was good and my blood pressure was good (low). These attacks happen all day long, espcially when I'm in bed right before I got to sleep (or I should say trying to go to sleep). But, for the last hour I'm experiencing the very fast fluttering in my chest, my heart rate is fast, I feel I'm going to pass out. If I'm walking I have to sit down. I'm so afraid I'm going to have a stroke or something.

Is this a panic attack?? I'm very afraid~~~

Trish
18-04-06, 22:39
Hi Gypsy

It sounds very much like panic, i too get these horrid symptons and they can be frightening. Try having a relaxing bath or read a book. And be reassured that your doctor is not concerned about your EKG and blood pressure.

I hope you will soon be feeling much better.

Trish

jodie
18-04-06, 22:42
hi gypsy

i felt just like you do all saterday night i went to a&e had an ecg and it was fine i was told it was anxiete that had got realy bad and told me to go home
as for the flutering well i have posted on this so much latley i have had it for 6yrs noe they are eptopic heart beats ,extra beats they get much worse when you are stressed or thinking about them i have them tonight they dont harm you just feel nasty
i think when you first get them you should go tell your gp just so they can take a look at you and put your mind at rest there is loads on this site about them have a look around
i am sure you will be fine i have had the for years and i am ok (a little mad but ok)
try to calm down take your mind of it look round the forum

jo x

gypsy55
19-04-06, 20:02
Thanks for replying/Jodie and Trish:::

It was amazing. Last evening I went home planted some flowers (live in California) enjoyed the sunshine, took a walk, and I had very few symptoms.

Knock on wood this am I feel pretty good... I'm really going to strive to think more positive and do pleasant things to get my mind in a better place.

I will take your advise and look on this site for other topics related to my issues. BUT, BOY OH BOY it scared me to death .. i really felt it was the big one...

Thanks again... hope all is well with you today..
xox

antony999
19-04-06, 20:09
I wonder if anyone can give me some advice on how to cope with panic attacks. I have suffered with them for over 10 years on and off and they have suddenly got worse over the past 3 months. It affects all areas of my life. the major one not been able to go away on holiday.