PDA

View Full Version : anyone familiar with ''thickened blood''? im concerned for my dad?

Jeanine25
21-05-11, 14:04
My dad was diagnosed as having thick blood 4 years ago- he was prescribed aspirin.

The aspirin was given to him because the flow around his kidney wasnt good (just the one kidney)
Anyway he has not been taking the aspirin as he said they make him feel sick and hes also not seen a dr for 4 years, atleast not until yesterday when the dr requested to see him.

My dad didnt tell the dr that he hadnt been taking these tablets and im now really concerned what they will find in his blood results..

Does anyone know how serious thickened blood actually is?
4 years ago he was told if the kidney problem gets worse he'll be on a dialysis machine- well since hes never taken the aspirin I can only assume his results wont go unnoticed and he will be called back within days to see the dr.

Im absolutely worried sick..
Im lookin for a bit of info on this condition from someone whos been through the same problem (thickened blood), using google is only gonna make me worse. Can anyone help me out? Im gonna be an absolute wreck if/when the dr calls him back for his results....