PDA

View Full Version : breathing pain

melvin
21-05-11, 16:59
hi guys
can anyone tell me if they have had this iv been getting pain when i take a deep breath in my chest and the top of my back . also when i take a deep breath its very sensitive and hurts like hell . i had it all last night so i phoned the nhs help line they told me to go straight to hospital well you can imagine what went through my mind i was panicking all the way there when i got there i felt sick and red hot . they did 2 ecgs and took blood test and said my heart was fine . so what is it any ideas . i do have silent acid reflux and take tabs but i cant see it being that

sophiethestar
22-05-11, 15:06
I was like this a couple of years ago. For weeks I'd have this awful pain and I couldn't sleep because of it and I thought I had heart disease or something. I saw the Doctor multiple times and he just said it was swollen joints in the chest. I never had an ECG or anything. Eventually the pain did go away on it's own. I still do get the pain every-so-often, it just becomes less and less frequent. The last time I felt it was about 4 months ago. I don't think worrying helped me at all, so try not to worry. Stress can cause chest and back pain like this due to uneven breathing patterns. There are many causes for chest pain, most of them very minor. Try not to worry. xxx