PDA

View Full Version : Nettle stings

peter34uk
21-05-11, 17:26
Hi guys,

I had a bad fall of my bike this morning. Cut my hands up etc. I think i must have landed amongst some nettles.

My right leg is now stinging since and i just want it to go away. Its not unbearable but its fairly harsh. Its been a few hours since the minor accident so im worried as its not subsiding.

How long do nettle stings last for? Ive since had a warm bath and put antihistimine on it but it still stings the same level.

:(

suzy-sue
21-05-11, 18:40
Dock leaves are usually found near Nettles and are natures cure to stop the Nettles from stinging .Rub over the Nettle sting until green ..If not Try some vinegar Its meant to be good . and believe it or not Urine helps as well ..:ohmy: Hope it feel s better soon .t/c Sue x

peter34uk
21-05-11, 19:33
Thanks Sue. Ive put on antihistimine. Will see how it goes, but its still stinging away. No other symptoms.

been at least 6 hrs now!

countrygirl
21-05-11, 19:55
A few years ago I stepped backwards into a nettle patch with sandals on and got badly nettled on my leg. Even with the application of loads of dock leaf juice the pain lasted for days. I was very surprised as before with slight nettling it lasted only a few hours but it was about 4 days for the pain and rash to go away.

peter34uk
21-05-11, 22:12
ah thanks country girl :)

haynsey
21-05-11, 23:55
Hi peter,
I was gardening today and yep i have got nettle stings as well.....the critters, and boy does my arm sting ouch!