PDA

View Full Version : success yet maybe not?

abcdd
28-03-04, 05:02
Hello everyone just wanted to write and tell you how good I have been doing,

I have been driving all over the city.

Every day I would drive a little further out of my safe zone and then go back home then the next day do the same but go a little further and so far I have gone about 20 miles from my home with NO panic!

The problem is...I am getting worried that I haven't had a panic attack that when I do it will be a doozy!! I have been doing so well and I love my new since of freedom but I still and worried any one have suggetions to help me keep my freedom.

thanks in advance
Amy

kate
28-03-04, 07:43
Hiya Amy,

Well done on your successes! So glad you are doing well!

I've got a suggestion for you, stop thinking negatively!!!!!

Enjoy every new day for what it is. Enjoy your new found freedom. Enjoy being panic free.

If you DO have a panic attack, it will just be a small "blip" on the long road of recovery.

Just carry on doing what you are doing, and ENJOY!!!

Kate x

Laurie28
30-03-04, 16:04
Amy,

Well done you are doing great.

I just want to agree with what Kate is saying, if you do get a panic take it for what it is and move on. You are pushing yourself and that is the most important thing, you reaally are doing well

Lucky

Meg
30-03-04, 16:27
Hey Amy,

It's unlikely to be a real doozy from this situation again- as you know too much now should you get anxious again. You know what it is, why it comes, what brings it on and learning to disarm it.

Catch it early and downgrade it to an anxiety atack rather than a full blown panic by doing all those things you're doing each day now even if it's it getting to be natural. Distraction, positive affirmations, thinking back to good journeys and previous successess.

Many congratulations

Meg

"Come to the edge."
"We can't. We're afraid."
"Come to the edge."
"We can't. We will fall!"
"Come to the edge."
And they came.
And he pushed them.
And they flew.

- Guillaume Apollinaire