PDA

View Full Version : Eye floaters got me worried

JAYQ
21-05-11, 20:27
Hello all, about once a day i will get these green eye floaters that will last up to about 30 secs at the most. It just now happened after i got up from a nap and streteched. Another time it happend was when i was squeezing my girlfriends back to pop it and i got them.

Ive always wondered about it being my blood pressure and it just worries me more when i see them. Last time i had my BP check was a few weeks ago and it was 129/87. What causes these floaters? Is it really high blood pressure?

PanchoGoz
21-05-11, 22:21
...pop it? what?
You can always see your optician about things like this if you are worried. It would put your mind at rest.
There are a lot of thread about floaters, they come in all shapes and sizes. Also you may have looked at a bright light without realiseing and it stuck on your retina? Not sure about the blood pressure bit, maybe someone else could spread some light on that. Hope that helps x

karlwirral
21-05-11, 22:23
129/87 is not a high blood pressure thats within normal range so i wouldnt worry about that.

I suffer from eye floaters 24/7 and come to except they are nothing but a annoyance thats all

JAYQ
22-05-11, 01:49
...pop it? what?
You can always see your optician about things like this if you are worried. It would put your mind at rest.
There are a lot of thread about floaters, they come in all shapes and sizes. Also you may have looked at a bright light without realiseing and it stuck on your retina? Not sure about the blood pressure bit, maybe someone else could spread some light on that. Hope that helps x

I was popping my girlfriends back. I wrapped my arms around her standing up and squeezed while lifting her then i got bad floaters that time.

Spidergirl
22-05-11, 02:07
Hi Jayq, dont worry about the floaters, there harmless. I had a scare after a crash where a black floater thats permanently on my eye the emergency eye clinic thought it could be a detached retina. I was really nervous, some opticians can dilate the eyes there and then and have a look so for peace of mind its worth it.

Funny part about my story, this black floater before i realised what it was I thought it was makeup and kept going upto people going 'can you see this black spot on my eye?' at first I thought it was make-up... maybe its not so funny lol

All the best, try not to worry I have a black floater for life and sometimes I get worried when I dont see it, sounds stupid buts it reassuring and makes me me..

Spidergirl :)