PDA

View Full Version : hi, I'm Sue, suffering from anxiety

suec
21-05-11, 22:55
:weep: I seem to be totally incapable of running my life satisfactorily, I have just been diagnosed with chronic anxiety disorder and panic attacks and looking back, I have been plagued with this, escaping initially with drink, becoming alcoholic, recovering now, then using cannabis, then prescription drugs and finally diagnosed at the age of 53. I am shaking doing this, I had developed a phobia about using the laptop along with phobias of many other things! I cannot do the simplest of thins without shaking and breathlessness. i feel so helpless and useless and my husband does not understand at all.

diane07
21-05-11, 22:56
Hi suec

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

suzy-sue
22-05-11, 01:34
Hi sue and:welcome:to NMP .There are plenty of us that can empathise as we have felt the same .Please find your way around the forum .Im sure you will find it a great help and support ,Hope to speak to you soon .T.c Luv Sue xx:hugs:

Vanilla Sky
22-05-11, 01:59
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

suec
22-05-11, 09:23
thank you very much both x

janetxx
22-05-11, 12:01
hello sue selcome to nmp

glad you finally got a diagnosis and can maybe put this behind you
this is a great site and many people here to help who do understand what you are
going through hope it helps you

janet xx

trish1955
22-05-11, 12:20
:weep: I seem to be totally incapable of running my life satisfactorily, I have just been diagnosed with chronic anxiety disorder and panic attacks and looking back, I have been plagued with this, escaping initially with drink, becoming alcoholic, recovering now, then using cannabis, then prescription drugs and finally diagnosed at the age of 53. I am shaking doing this, I had developed a phobia about using the laptop along with phobias of many other things! I cannot do the simplest of thins without shaking and breathlessness. i feel so helpless and useless and my husband does not understand at all.
you sound so like me i think i collected my phobias over the yrs i am 55 and now fear dying never realy lived as been suffer since i was 12yrs old on and off but its stayed this past 2oyrs i tell myself things will get better this site does help alot do u go in chat room i do pop in there now and then any way take care by for now trish

suec
22-05-11, 12:27
thank you Trish and Janet very much. I am not able to go in the chat room yet as I only joined last night. Its so nice to be on this site because only the people that go through this understand and I dont feel so alone with it xx

ljd
22-05-11, 13:33
Hiya and welcome sue reach out here for support well done for using the laptop tc

suec
22-05-11, 15:30
thanks ljd, hope you are feeling a little better, I think I read how you were feeling earlier x

JT69
22-05-11, 16:35
Hi Sue,

Welcome to NMP!! Hopefully this site will really help you like it did me when I joined. Its comforting to know you are not the only one feeling like this and that others totally understand it.

Its a shame your husband does not understand how you are feeling...perhaps if he read some of the posts here he would....not easy when others have not felt the way we do for them to possibly understand what it is like.

Anyhow hope you make some friends here and find the site useful.

TC
Jo.xx

daybyday
22-05-11, 16:42
:welcome: Many good people here to talk with that understand.