PDA

View Full Version : Be Strong! - Past sufferer, now recovered - what helped me

labridges7
22-05-11, 00:41
I just wanted to pop back after 2 years of being 'okay' again and say thank you to this website and the members - such an amazing support system - and also to give others hope....

I was so bad I cannot even begin to tell you. I wanted to die it was so bad was so afraid of death I couldn't die - couldn't even think about it without freaking out. I though everything was about to kill me....... long story, years and years of it.....( I went to hospital A and E average of 2 times a week for the craziest things) BUT, i am better.

Its nothing short of a miracle, I never thought that I would be... and while i was on here I never saw anyone post who had recovered, so I thought I would pop back and say I had, and say what changed me.

It was hormone contraceptives that were doing it to me. I still almost cant believe it but there it is, I stopped them and I got better within the week. It was like a miracle.

But it was this site and my little cheap book on CBT that helped so much in the months before I recovered - they calmed me down so much, enabling me to think rationally and figure it out.

I took no medication (part of the health thing, couldnt take any medication unless i was force fed it - thought itd kill me) and all i did differently was stop the hormones.

I know were all different, but thought it may just work for someone else..... ( i use the copper coil now ). Good luck guys, i believe you can and will get better and be yourselves again. Have strength and believe it. I do.

With love and eternal friendship,

Laura xxxx
:bighug1:

Vanilla Sky
22-05-11, 09:54
Thank you so much for your post ,. We don't get enough of these ! I am so happy for you. There is hope , I know i am there myself :)

I wish you an anxiety free and happy life

Paige xxx

LittleMissPanicky
22-05-11, 10:16
Whatpill were you on, i take Cerazette, mini pill and i am convinced it's not helping. I have been on it for a few years now and am beginning to wonder if they are part of my problem ?
So glad your feeling better xxx

shoegal
22-05-11, 12:11
Thanks for sharing your story. It's lovely to hear that you are doing so well. :flowers:

Typer
22-05-11, 14:57
Thank you for returning. How amazing that hormone pills could have caused such distress. In a way, as I am through menopause, I do wonder if its that causing my heart palps (and the stress).

I feel want to ask you lots of questions...but it should be enough that you are better and that you bring hope. Keep well

Lindy
22-05-11, 15:36
congrats on a full recovery - it's so nice to read!

I also agree, I stay well away from hormones now. My head is complicated enough without me putting weird things into my bloodstream!

Hazel B
22-05-11, 15:49
Thanks for sharing and best wishes.:)

labridges7
23-05-11, 00:44
Whatpill were you on, i take Cerazette, mini pill and i am convinced it's not helping. I have been on it for a few years now and am beginning to wonder if they are part of my problem ?
So glad your feeling better xxx

I had the injection and the implant and had had the pill before, the combined one I think....

Well anything is worth a try, and if you want a non hormone alternative the copper coil is great!

Good luck and I really hope you feel yourself again soon xxxxx

labridges7
23-05-11, 00:46
@ Typer:

Please get in touch at any time with any questions..... I feel for you so much xxx

railway
23-05-11, 08:37
Hi there. i am new here and was just about to start a thread but saw your post. i have suffered with anxiety for the last six years but it came to me that throughout my two pregnancies i was fine! i had been wondering if it was something to do with my hormones. i used to be on the pill then after my second son was born march 2010 i had my first injection in october and my anxiety has been escalating ever since. i wanted to ask my doctor about it but didn't know if i would sound silly as i don't know much about what are in the pill or the injection but i am seriously reconsidering having my next injection which is due next month x

gaaron
23-05-11, 08:54
Hi Labridges7, It's wonderful to hear your good news. Thankyou for sharing it. Take care and best wishes x

labridges7
23-05-11, 11:08
Hi railway,

I was also fine during my pregnancy! I also had the injection straight after and went back really badly.... i had them for a year before i twigged - my anxiety would always be better at the end of the three months when the injection was wearing off.... I came of it just before Christmas and I was 100% fine two weeks later!

Doctor thought it was rubbish when I told him, he wasnt good at panic either...... I know nothing about medicine or health and you should always go by your GP i know, but this worked for me, no denying it, and the coil is very safe, especially after having children....

It was the being fine during pregnancy that made me think too....

hope it helps you....

Laura xxx