PDA

View Full Version : feeling terribly full while eating and after

molly36
22-05-11, 18:03
Hi as most of you know i have been suffering terrible stomach problems with bur ping and trapped wind.Im also getting this terrible feeling while eating and after eating ,its like the worst fullness ever like ive eaten a horse .It also takes me ages to digest the food.I had my dinner there and had to sit on the stairs bent over as the feeling of pressure and fullness was so bad.My doc is sure it is all from swallowing to much air all day as i tend to shallow breathe or gasp for air.I really am so fed up with these symptoms as i cant even enjoy a meal anymore.Can anyone relate to this feeling.kind regards molly

Meewah
22-05-11, 19:15
Molly

Thanks for sharing this sounds like the bug My wife and a few others on here have at the moment.

Mee

molly36
22-05-11, 19:21
Hi thank you for your reply.I have had these symtoms for over 8 weeks so i dont think it is a bug but thank you for your thoughts kind regards

joans60
22-05-11, 20:39
Hi Molly
I can relate to that I get very full after a meal and also very bloated.
I think it is to do with the wind inb our stomachs
I am like you I keep swallowing and that does make a lot of wind in your stomach.
Try some peppermint to try and get rid of it.
Hope this helps

Joan

molly36
22-05-11, 21:17
Thank you for your reply.i think maybe its to do with the wind too but i keep thinking its something worse.kind regards molly

molly36
23-05-11, 12:22
Well been up all night with burning heartburn and nausea.just so sick of it.kind regards molly

BettyIW
23-05-11, 12:29
Hi Molly,

I dont havethis but I read that if you are de-hydrated een a little, it can make digesting food painful. Try drinking a glass of water half an hour before eating so that your stomach has enough reserves to digest the food you are eating. That should help X

Cat80
23-05-11, 12:49
Have you asked your Dr for metoclopramide? It stops nausea and speeds up the digestion to empty your stomach quicker. These have been a lifesaver for me.

molly36
23-05-11, 13:37
Hi tha thanks for your replies.I do drink plenty all day so i know it not that.But thanks for your thoughts.I will ask my doc for these i am now back on omeprazole so i hope these start working soon.kind regards molly

honeyp1e
23-05-11, 14:36
Hi thank you for your reply.I have had these symtoms for over 8 weeks so i dont think it is a bug but thank you for your thoughts kind regards

This is defo NOT a bug i also suffer with this even after just one digestive biscuit feel like i have eaten a horse its horrible cos some days i just cant eat after breakfast until the next day as that how long it lasts untill that feeling goes i have been the doctors so many times about this and he says it wind and acid as we are eating even little bits the food is sitting on top of the wind / acid etc i am on omeprazole for the acid but they not really helping
are you on anything for this ?? its horrible as makes you feel bloated / sickly / tired

Greenman50
23-05-11, 17:45
Hi tha thanks for your replies.I do drink plenty all day so i know it not that.But thanks for your thoughts.I will ask my doc for these i am now back on omeprazole so i hope these start working soon.kind regards molly

Hi
I,m EXACTLY the same , had it for 6 months now . It did go for 3-4 weeks but its back , its not as bad as it used to be but the bloating is terrible this week and my stomach feels really tight .
My dr said its all anxiety related and after 6 months i know this is the case . Mines all tied in with ibs like symtoms , constant burping some days and so much swallowing of air my food feels stuck when i swallow . Its only now i,m not as anxiuos about it that i do get some sort of relief some days .
I know you are fine but it takes your head along time to come to terms with it when its there constant .
If you want a chat send a pm and we can have a good moan about our symtoms :yesyes:

molly36
23-05-11, 18:56
Hi thank yu for replying.Honey im on omeprazole just started back on them so im hoping they help.Im sorry you are still going threw it all to ,the full feeling is horrid isnt it.Mel i have pmd you.thanks again kind regards molly