PDA

View Full Version : Rescue Remedy Part II

mtatum4496
22-05-11, 18:25
Some of you may remember I tried Rescue Remedy awhile back and while it helped some, the benefit was minimal. After today, I'm beginning to think that maybe I wasn't giving the product a fair shake.

After not sleeping well last night, I was dog-tired this morning, but wanted to make it to church for a special service. While in the service, my nerves started doing those crazy things we all know so well. I had Xanax with me, but really didn't want to take it, so I gave myself eight quick sprays of Rescue Remedy. Over several minutes I calmed down a bit. Cautiously, I went for another four spritzes to see what would happen. A few minutes later, I felt a little more relief. Going for broke, I did two more rounds of four spritzes each over the next twenty minutes or so.

Long story short, by the time the service was over, I was doing okay, well enough to stop for some takeout and do a quick bit of grocery shopping on the way home. While I was a little keyed up in the grocery store, I told myself if it began to escalate, I would whip out my Rescue Remedy and have another quick spritz. Fortunately, the anxiety didn't increase and I made it through the store with relatively little discomfort.

Before, I had tried to do no more than four spritzes at a time, usually spacing them out an hour or so - hence the less than effective result. Since my doctor told me there is nothing in Rescue Remedy that will negatively interact with my other medication, I figured I'd step it up a bit. Thankfully, it turned out to be the right thing for today.

I don't see Rescue Remedy replacing the Xanax, but I do think that it may be more effective than I thought previously, assuming I administer a larger dose or a series of smaller doses in relatively close succession.