PDA

View Full Version : uti help

little_linz
22-05-11, 20:11
Hi i am in such a panic :(, i have had uti syptoms for 3 weeks and was tested and had a infection, was given antibiotics but they didnt work and im now onto my second course but i feel no different, i have lower abdominal pain and frequent urination but no pain, the doctor has scared me by saying she cant understand why its not one.. im so so worried it's something more sinister, all sorts goin through my mind, i have 2 young kids and its upsetting me thinking the worst :( any advice would help x

countrygirl
22-05-11, 21:21
Did you have another sample sent off for analysis after your first course of antibiotics that showed the infection was still there??? or is your Dr just going off your symptoms??

If you haven't had another sample tested then its worth doing so they can identify exactly which bug it is. Trouble is that even knowing which bug it is the bugs are getting immune to the anitbiotics so sometimes a few different ones need to be tried to find the one that works.

If you feel no better after this course then make sure your Dr sends another sample off. UTI's are notoriously difficult to get rid of as loads of people on here will tell you.

Explain your fears to the Dr when you next see them so they can explain why they are not worried.

little_linz
22-05-11, 21:30
no i have only had one sample sent off and that was before my first coure of antibiotics, she just gave me some going from my symptoms, results came back and apparently they were the right ones for the bug, she gave me amoxocillan which im half way thru, thanks for the reply, just good to know its not just me :)