PDA

View Full Version : blood poisoning

cornishmaid
22-05-11, 20:59
Hi.not been on for a while,anxiety had somewhat subsided until now! have had a boil(wasn't worried about it) was better than it had been until i read an article in a magazine about some girl had a boil,got blood poisoning and died! so off i go in a panic attack now,took myself to the out of hours doctor this morning and she gaveme some anti biotics and said leave it alone it should be fine,now am worried ,can you still get blood poisoning even though am taking anti biotics

labridges7
23-05-11, 00:57
I think that antibiotics are a safe bet against most things, but check with your GP if your not sure.

Youll be fine, youve got the best thing you can have for it - the antibiotics - and you have protected yourself fully and been sensible...

Hope you feel better soon and your HA subsides xxx

cornishmaid
23-05-11, 14:06
thanks for replying ,took anti biotics yesterday and last night started itching:ohmy: not bad more like prickles across my shoulders,so today havnt took any anti biotics but have got appointment at doc tomorrow morning see what he says, boil looks loads better tho and is not sore to touch now :)