PDA

View Full Version : Let me introduce myself.....

MandyGM
22-05-11, 21:24
Hello, everyone. I've been lurking round the site for a couple of weeks, and decided tonight to register.

I am 46 years old and recently diagnosed with anxiety/de[ression, and am taking Propanolol (40mg) and Citalopram (40mg), and have Zopiclone to take when the lack of sleep gets to much! I work full time, but have been signed off work for the last 4 weeks, and have a line until the 16th of June.

It's been such a relief reading the posts on the forum, and realising that there are people out there who feel the same way I do - I was especially glad to read the posts regarding putting on an act at work/with family/friends in an effort to appear normal and as if everything is fine - how exhausting is it trying to keep that up? :emot-sleepyhead: :D

Thanks for reading this, and hope to speak to you soon!

nomorepanic
22-05-11, 21:25
Hi MandyGM

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

pinkdove
22-05-11, 21:33
:welcome: Hi Mandy, and welcome to nmp, yes you are so right, it is exhausting to try and appear ""normal"" I myself suffer from anxiety and have had severe depression, and i also take citalopram 50mg, i am now starting to feel better,and have had a lot of support on this site, so wishing you all the best in your recovery. :hugs:

gaaron
22-05-11, 21:38
Hi MandyGM, you'll find loads of support on this site..I certainly have
:welcome::flowers:x

ShaLou
23-05-11, 20:10
Hi MandyGM

Welcome, I just joined tonight as well.

This site looks like a very positive and supportive place to be!

Take care

MandyGM
24-05-11, 12:08
Thanks for the welcome - looking forward to getting to know you all better