PDA

View Full Version : worry balls

mirry
19-04-06, 10:25
Hi, does anyone use worry balls to calm themself ?

My cbt told me i should get some because when we feel that jittery feeling when we panic,
Our legs start to feel like they are jumping all over the place.
worry balls can help get the jittery feeling away.

He said its the ying and yang effect ??? no idea what that means lol
but apparently they press on the pressure points in the hand and make a quiet sound thats very soothing.

I tried his out and was impressed how calm they made me feel - i wasnt expecting it!

mirryx

honeybee3939
19-04-06, 11:18
Hi Mirry,

Sounds a great idea! where do you get worry balls from i would like to give them a try.

Love Andrea
xxxx

mirry
19-04-06, 11:52
MY CBT CALLS THEM WORRY BALLS BUT IF YOU LOOK UNDER
" CHINESE BALLS" IN EBAY YOU WILL FIND THEM.

MAKE SURE THEY MAKE A CHIME SOUND BECAUSE THE SOUND IS FANTASTIC FOR RELAXATION.

mirryx

Elle-Kay
19-04-06, 12:13
You can get them from Avon I think. They're quite inexpensive as I remember. I guess it's as much having something to do with your hands to take your mind off of your anxiety than anything else. I know I hate to be still & silent if I'm feeling anxious, so always fiddle with something :)

--- Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.

honeybee3939
19-04-06, 12:49
Thankyou Mirry and leah for your kind reply,

I have just bought some on ebay looking forward to giving them ago.

Thankyou

Love

Andrea
xxxx

Karen
19-04-06, 13:01
Thanks for posting this Mirry.

I'm going to try to get hold of some too. When I get anxious Ii am always fiddling with something in my hands and worry balls sound much more helpful.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

mirry
19-04-06, 14:04
I AM GETTING SOME OFF EBAY TOO!

I AM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO RECIEVING THEM,
I CANT BELIVE HOW NICE THEY FEEL TO USE .

WHO EVER GETS THEM FIRST, LET US KNOW
:D

mirryx

Keitharcher
19-04-06, 19:47
Hi

Chineese Worry Balls are an old eastern remedy that was used in meditation to help focus the mind. They are supposed to balance the ying and yang (male and female) elements within your phsyci so making you relaxed and calm. As you roll the balls they rub against the pressure points in your hands, Chineese medice is based around the fact that altering the pressure on the points alters the way the blood flows and balances out "bad karma", acuputure works by blocking paths with needles in pressure points. You can get balls tha make a sound, there are different ones I recommend them for use but get ones that make a pleasing sound to you. You can get them at these stores that sell things like incencese or ebay or naovelty stores

Keith

Elle-Kay
19-04-06, 21:47
I have some worry dolls as well, Lucy. And also a "worry stone", which is a small oval piece of marble with an indentation in one side that you rub with your thumb when you are worried, to take your mind off it. As it's only about 1.5inches long, I don't go anywhere without it!

Leah xx

--- Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.

Spice
20-04-06, 08:17
Thanks for the advice Mirry.

I have just got some off EBay too. :D

mirry
21-04-06, 12:52
oh dear ,
ive just received mine off ebay and they are a little too big for my small hand they must come in different sizes because my therapist has ones that are small and easy to move about.

Still i wont waste these and give them as a gift!

mirryx

Spice
21-04-06, 13:52
Sorry to hear that Mirry.
You can always put them back on Ebay and resell them.

mirry
21-04-06, 15:02
IVE JUST WRAPPED THEM UP FOR A DISABLED GUY I KNOW WHO WILL BE 40 TOMMOROW (HE HAS BIG HANDS). I SUPPOSE ITS A LITTLE WEIRD BUT DIFFERENT!

THINK ILL ORDER MORE FOR MYSELF (WILL ASK SIZE BEFORE I BID)

mirryx

honeybee3939
24-04-06, 12:25
Hi Mirry,

Just to let you know my worry balls came this morning, been giving them ago and find they do make me feel quite relaxed, i tend to chew my fingers (Bad habit i know)when i am agitated so with a bit of luck they might stop me doing that also!

Thankyou Mirry

Love Andrea
xxx

Rennie1989
24-04-06, 18:16
My boyfriend has worry/stress balls. I tried to use them but my hands are too small, lol. But they do look like they work, he even showed me and I can see how they calm you down.

Scooties Back

mirry
28-04-06, 16:58
Ok, I have a small booklet about the worry balls,
they are also know as ;
health balls/meridian balls/meditation balls and boading balls.
the book reads.........

After a few weeks of practise,the benifits of the balls will become apparent,and you will be delighted that you can take the balls with you anywhere.Think of all the places we are sttressed and where we are desperate for a quick, easy way to calm our frazzled nerves.
. airplanes
.traffic jams
.waiting in line
.meetings
.unwinding at the end of the day

you must hold your arm out as you use the balls (no resting).

you can also use the balls on your feet, because they also hold significant pressure points, used on the feet will give you increased balance. sit in a chair and place a single ball on the carpet, moving the ball up and down the length of your foot (toe to heel) and around in circles.
ALthough the balls can provide a quick way to relieve tension and anxiety, using them while practicing deeper meditation can promote a chang ein your attitude that will help you approach the stresses of everyday life calmly and positively.
Meditation and provide an essential roel in our balance and our health.
Like sleep it can act as a rejuvenating force that rids the body iof built up tioxic tension and refreshes ones state of mind.
what s happening during meditation is that your brains producing more theta waves, which ocur naturally just before you fall asleep.
These brain waves switch off the part of the brain that process ssensory information thathelps spatially orient us.
Moreover recent studies have shown meditaion can boost the immune system and even REPROGRAME THE BRAIN TO DEAL MORE EFFICIENTLY WITH STRESS.
TODAY doctors recommend meditation for pain and symptoms of depression. On an emotional level it provides clarity and perspective that allows you to actually rest and be at peace.

mirryx

Spice
28-04-06, 17:17
Hi Mirry,

I got mine to-day and already I can see from trying them out how they might be therapeutic. The ones I got make a really soothing sound when you move them.
Thank you again for the information.

Spice
xxx

Sometimes I give myself the creeps, Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me, It all keeps adding up, I think I'm cracking up, Or am I just paranoid ..... Billie Joe Armstrong

mirry
03-05-06, 12:03
I just had to report what happened to me today,,,,

I was walking back from my daughters school this morning and for some reason I started to panic big time (its a place i usually panic) and as i felt the panic set in i put my hands in my jacket pockets and felt i had my worry balls in my right hand pocket,

well this was wierd "VERY WEIRD",
as soon as i grabbed the worry balls my panic attacked stopped there and then (really suddenly) and i started rolling them about in my hand in my pocket.......
I have never ever felt such sudden relief so suddenly in the mist of a huge panic attack.

I have been using the balls every day for the past week,
10 mins in each hand.

I just hope it wasnt a one off situation because im very impressed:D

mirryx