PDA

View Full Version : does this ever go !!

pinkdove
23-05-11, 12:56
Hi Guys, Just come back from an appointment with my physciatrist, we have decieded that at last i have found the right dose of citalopram 50mg, however i still have this simmering anxiety that is there till evening time, but generally much better, he said he does not want to change or add any other meds as i have come so far, and assures me that in time this will improve, has anyone else found that they are nearly there, and if so did things get better, it is now 7 months since i started cit, i do self help, but could not cope with cbt.any advice would be appreciated. thanks xx:hugs:

oldtime
24-05-11, 18:34
I've had simmering anxiety like a sense of uneasyness and buzzing in my nerves for 2 years. But I now have periods when its not there, it is quite easy to bring it back just a small amount of stress. I recon it takes many months for an overactive and exhausted nervous system to fully recover.

Greenman50
26-05-11, 20:27
Yea i agree with moch ....i,m nearly there after 5 months on cit , only 20 mg . My anxiety goes straight to my stomach it goes in spasms and i get bloated etc and have a constant lump in the throat . The doctor is not concerned and said i look and sound much better and i am .

Apparantly yes it can take ages to get back to how you used to be pre meds . I think we have to try our best to help ourselves as well as relying on the meds (i,m sure you already are :D)

Hope you get there soon

:hugs:
x