PDA

View Full Version : Hospital tomorrow - Nervous.......

paula lynne
23-05-11, 14:36
Hi everybody x
After a 4 month wait, I finally have the last tests tomorrow to diagnose Carpal Tunnel. My appointment is 1pm. The letter states the test may be uncomfortable......sticking needles in my muscles...do you think?! The anx is rising, feel ill today with palps and vertigo. Just wanted to say, Im going, despite the agoraphobia and everything, I just wanted to let off steam I guess!
Thanks for listening x
Paula x

shoegal
23-05-11, 14:41
What is the test called Pol? I have had nerve conduction tests and they didn't hurt. Is it an EMG?

debs71
23-05-11, 14:44
Hi Paula,

Wishing you lots of love and luck for tomorrow. Well done you for your determination to see it through.

Best wishes and hugs,

Debs.xxx:hugs:

paula lynne
23-05-11, 14:54
Hiya S.....letter says....

Nerve conduction tests measure how a nerve is working, pads placed on skin and nerve is stimulated...tapping/tingling sensation could be uncomfortable.......An ADDITIONAL test (EMG) will be performed on some patients to test how well muscles working.....

Am confused? Which test am I having first, I thought the test WAS an EMG ? ERRGGG brain not working today...........headache.:weep:

Hi Debs, Long time love good to see you x:hugs:

shoegal
23-05-11, 14:59
Oh hun that's what I had done. I can absolutely PROMISE you that it doesn't hurt. I have PM'd you, and now I know what test you're having I will PM you again, lol. :flowers:

paula lynne
23-05-11, 15:03
:)Thanks x
Have PMd you xx

Hazel B
23-05-11, 19:10
I'll be thinking of you and send a big hug:bighug1:and strength.

snowgoose
23-05-11, 20:03
will be thinking of you tomorrow Paula :hugs:

all your NMP pals will be sitting on your shoulder keeping you safe and calm .
good luck xxxxx

blueangel
23-05-11, 20:28
You'll be fine, will be thinking of you. :flowers:

paula lynne
24-05-11, 12:13
Ok, it time to leave.....feel really sick actually. Always bad a week before period with vertigo, anx, and palps.....hubby on the way to pick me up. Half hour drive to hospital..(HATE it, thats where my mum died..)....going to get some mints and water. Period pains really bad, but not due for a week....hands really tingly, but thats what they are looking for in the tests I guess. See you later everybody x

paula lynne
24-05-11, 12:19
Just thrown up in the sink as hubby walked in. Attractive. oh .lord.

debs71
24-05-11, 13:20
Oh Paula, wishing you all the best with the hospital. You will be fine. It is that ruddy anticipatory anxiety isn't it? It is a crippler and I really feel for you. Stay strong hun.xxxx:hugs:

Hazel B
24-05-11, 16:36
Hope you're OK.

Debs, good to see you again!:)

suzy-sue
24-05-11, 18:10
Hope you got on ok Paula ? .:hugs:

Nice to see you back Debs .. Sue xx

debs71
24-05-11, 19:22
Hope you're OK.

Debs, good to see you again!:)

ahh...thanks so much Hazel and Sue. Lovely to be back too. I've missed everyone.:hugs:

Hope you are ok Paula.xx

gaaron
24-05-11, 22:27
Hi Paula, just found your thread. I hope everything went OK and you're feeling well xx:hugs:

blue moon
24-05-11, 22:55
hello Paula:DHope all went well
Love Petra x:flowers:

paula lynne
25-05-11, 09:53
Thanks everybody! x
The test was ok, only took ten minutes. Very strange sensation...oooohhh. Hubby was grinning at me as my hands and arms were flying everywhere...

I went to asda afterwards, and got a HUGE electric shock of a rack! Worse than the test! Hahahha. Results in a month at meeting with the consultant.

Onwards and upwards commrades.x:wacko:

joans60
25-05-11, 11:08
Hi Paula
Glad everything went okay for you
look after yourself we do get ourselves worked up
I have only had to go for some blood tests this morning and got myself into a right state

Joanx

Magic
25-05-11, 18:22
To Paula, Just come across your posts. Hope you are feeling ok.
I have never heard of this test. Maybe I shud get out more!!!
Take care and hope the results of your test is ok
Keep us posted
lots of love:hugs:

paula lynne
25-05-11, 18:28
Thanks Magic x
Wait for results now, about a month. The technician said because I also get the tingling in my feet (happened same time as hands) its unlikely to be carpal tunnel......
CONFUSED! The consultant had already said I tested positive for the 2 tests he did on me......on well, there are people far worse off eh. Thanks for your message x

Hazel B
25-05-11, 20:00
Glad you're OK, was thinking of you. Not long until the results come back.

:hugs:x

nomorepanic
23-08-11, 16:18
Hi Paula

What happened with this in the end?

I have just got back from the hospital and they are referring me for tests for CTS as well.

He wrote on the form that I have no specific physical symptoms of it but he thinks that is what it is.

We shall have to see when I get the appointment.

paula lynne
24-08-11, 20:59
Hi Nic, am trying out some new meds soon....but they are from the benzodiazepine family "but far less addictive".....Im reluctant to be honest, feels like a step back. He clearly thinks its anxiety related :huh:

My feet are much worse, hands not so bad. Dont bother with the splints. Feet driving me crazy, the tingling is mid way up the calfs now, and constant.:weep: Have to shove my feet between the matress and the wooden frame to get any relief and be able to go to sleep.

Candycupcake soap going well? :winks:

P x

nomorepanic
24-08-11, 21:35
Ahh ok so it wasn't CTS in the end then?

I can't get on with the splints either at night - they drive me mad

I have sold 2 candy cupcakes and one sailor so far and another bee one. Thanks xx

paula lynne
24-08-11, 21:43
No, although before the nerve conduction tests the consultant said all my symptoms pointed to CPT.
I dont know whats going on to be honest. All I know is he said "I dont know what it is Paula"......so they want me on Benzos. :shrug:Im still debating whether to go ahead and try them. They will mask the sensation just like diazepam did for my panic, but not address the cause, if there is one.....
All the best with your test Nic, let me know what they say. x

nomorepanic
24-08-11, 21:52
I will Paula and thanks for replying. I remembered you posted about this ages ago so thought I would reply to you rather than start my own post about it.

Mine is just keeping me awake at night cos my hands/arms go numb and my right hand feels like the skin is hurting lol.

We shall see what they come up with anyway.