PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram for 6 days

SkyRabbit
23-05-11, 16:53
I have had anxiety on and off since early childhood. Over the years I have tried counselling, CBT and very recently hypnotherapy, but after recently suffering with a tight chest and dizziness I decided to see the doctor. I have been taking Citalopram for 6 days taking my tablet around 09:30am. I initially felt nauseous, light headed and had a dry mouth, but felt my moods lighten in the evening. I had a wedding this weekend where I had to do a reading, I was worried that my anxiety would crush me in front of a room full of people, but it all went smoothly and I felt in control. Unfortunately I drank alcohol all day (Saturday) and today (Monday) I am feeling pretty anxious, feeling sick at racing pointless thoughts in my head. I am hoping I will adjust quickly to the meds and the alcohol has hindered me slightly. I know its only early days, but even conversations I have had with people since taking the meds have improved, where I am enjoying and listening more, without feeling self-conscious and thinking about what I am going to say next. I am looking forward to feeling better.

nomorepanic
23-05-11, 16:55
Hi SkyRabbit

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes