PDA

View Full Version : Help!

rosebud1974
23-05-11, 19:25
Hi I'm very new to all this so will apologise in advance if I don't make sense. I suppose I've always suffered with anxiety but for the last two months it's become unbearable. I worry about everything, my partner came home tonight and said he'd made a small mistake at work and i am now obsessed that he will lose his job, if something goes wrong at my work I automatically think people will think it's my fault and that I'll get sacked. My daughter is 15 and got drunk at the weekend so I spend hours thinking I'm a terrible mother. I have had symptoms of tingling face and hands, dizziness, and for the last couple of weeks I've had a lump in my throat that sometimes feels as though I'm choking. I am now starting to worry that this is getting pretty serious as it is affecting every minute of my life. My partner tries to be understanding but gets rather frustrated and doesn't fully understand and gets quite baffled (I have accused him of having an affair because he took his phone upstairs) I have made an appointment at the Drs for next week. Can anyone give me any pointers on something that may help that doesn't involve medication? I'm not good with tablets and if I read the side effects I will convince myself I am having them, if that makes sense! I'm sorry that this is a long post but I'm at my wits end and just want this horrible feeling to go away.

ShaLou
23-05-11, 21:10
Hi Rosebud

Welcome to the site, I'm new as well.

Have a look around at the info and posts, I'm sure you'll find that your not on your own.

I've found the breathing techniques easy and helpful.

Take care

g0000
26-05-11, 08:42
Penitence is something that enervates our spirit, causing a greater loss than loss itself and making a bigger mistake than mistake itself, so never regret.

Vanilla Sky
26-05-11, 21:27
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x