PDA

View Full Version : Hi all :)

babypanda
23-05-11, 22:18
Hey just to introduce myself...

I'm 24 (very nearly 25) and a couple of months ago I was prescribed beta-blockers for anxiety. I've always been a worrier - it's a long running joke in our family that I just have the "[surname] Worrying Genes" but I went to the doctors after it started taking over my life by worrying about menial things constantly. My mind whirrs over things constantly and I have a constant feeling that something bad's going to happen (like worst case scenarios) - does anyone else know what I mean? A recent example is that the bathroom fan is louder than normal, and I've convinced myself that it's faulty and is going to catch fire and cos it's under my room I'll be trapped :shrug: Or the time I moved all the boxes from under my bed cos I was convinced that the weight was causing the cracks round the light fitting in the bathroom underneath....... :unsure: Every little noise makes me jump and I'm constantly on edge.

My boyfriend doesn't seem to understand but I'm hoping there's people here who might sympathise?

Sorry for the long winded description :blush:

nomorepanic
23-05-11, 22:20
Hi babypanda

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.